Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion > Off Topic Discussion - Politics and Religion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 01-31-2017, 12:58 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
so, you are saying that the only people from those seven affected countries are muslim? really?
I'd rebut your reply but I doubt you have the ability or willingness to understand a complex reply.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:01 PM
link's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky View Post
I'll say one thing Trump has been and is doing, is exposing the rampant hypocrisy of the left front and center .
Yeah, by lie after lie after lie after lie after lie. There is definitely real exposure there.

He's a real climax of incompetent and clumsy consistency, not unlike so many of his drones.....
__________________
Toyota is a leader only because their drivers block everyone behind them. Oh what a feeling.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
And yet those concerns not being met have not resulted in any terrorist action.
That's neither here nor there.

Trump's job is to prevent any such incursions and by reviewing and implementing changes his admin sees fit are well with the scope of the Presidency.

Political football at best.
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова






Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:06 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky View Post
That's neither here nor there.

Trump's job is to prevent any such incursions and by reviewing and implementing changes his admin sees fit are well with the scope of the Presidency.

Political football at best.
So the solution should have nothing to do with the problem?

Gotcha.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:11 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
So the solution should have nothing to do with the problem?

Gotcha.
Implementing a temp restriction to prevent the problem that has already festered beyond belief in Europe?
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова






Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:38 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
I'd rebut your reply but I doubt you have the ability or willingness to understand a complex reply.
You'd be surprised. I'm guessing that you are reticent to get into an argument where you have no basis for your premise.
__________________
Сделать Америку великой Снова
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." Margaret Thatcher
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:05 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky View Post
Implementing a temp restriction to prevent the problem that has already festered beyond belief in Europe?
So we need to prevent a problem that we don't have and won't have?

Have you waterproofed the steering box on your daily driver?
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:07 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
You'd be surprised. I'm guessing that you are reticent to get into an argument where you have no basis for your premise.
A ban doesn't have to ban all Muslims if it bans only Muslims to be a "Muslim ban."

Let's see if you understand the difference.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,982
Where was crying Chuck and all the protesters when Obama stopped the 'wet foot/dry foot' policy about a week and a half ago regarding Cubans??

Many were stranded at airports also.

Hypocrisy much, people?
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова






Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:15 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
A ban doesn't have to ban all Muslims if it bans only Muslims to be a "Muslim ban."

Let's see if you understand the difference.
So an Italian Somali citizen wouldn't be also banned?
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова






Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:15 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky View Post
Where was crying Chuck and all the protesters when Obama stopped the 'wet foot/dry foot' policy about a week and a half ago regarding Cubans??

Many were stranded at airports also.

Hypocrisy much, people?
I'm sorry, but I'm not going after your red herring.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,982
Hypocrisy much, people?
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова






Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:22 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
A ban doesn't have to ban all Muslims if it bans only Muslims to be a "Muslim ban."

Let's see if you understand the difference.
I understand: however, your argument is still all wrong. The populations of those countries all have other religions in them, so it cannot be a "muslim ban". The ban is on the country, due to security concerns based on the previous administration's analysis of the threat. Not about the religion, but about the potential bad actors coming from those areas.

Think as you wish: embrace the refugees in this country and give them solace. Perhaps you will illustrate that the US is a kind nation. don't be surprised if that doesn't work. Meanwhile, let the security of the country be handled by people without such a large, bleeding heart. Security policy should be driven by reality and not by emotions and theocratic, quasi socialist dogma.
__________________
Сделать Америку великой Снова
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." Margaret Thatcher
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:39 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,987
Most Support Temporary Ban on Newcomers from Terrorist Havens

"Most Support Temporary Ban on Newcomers from Terrorist Havens

Most voters approve of President Trump’s temporary halt to refugees and visitors from several Middle Eastern and African countries until the government can do a better job of keeping out individuals who are terrorist threats.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen until the federal government approves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here. Thirty-three percent (33%) are opposed, while 10% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Similarly, 56% favor a temporary block on visas prohibiting residents of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the United States until the government approves its ability to screen for likely terrorists. Thirty-two percent (32%) oppose this temporary ban, and 11% are undecided.

This survey was taken late last week prior to the weekend protests against Trump’s executive orders imposing a four-month ban on all refugees and a temporary visa ban on visitors from these seven countries.

These findings have changed little from August when 59% of voters agreed with Trump’s call for a temporary ban on immigration into the United States from "the most dangerous and volatile regions of the world that have a history of exporting terrorism” until the federal government improves its ability to screen out potential terrorists."


Most Support Temporary Ban on Newcomers from Terrorist Havens - Rasmussen Reports™
__________________
Сделать Америку великой Снова
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." Margaret Thatcher
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-31-2017, 02:42 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,987
The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

"Obama and his five presidential predecessors all used their executive powers to temporarily ban certain immigrants, including Muslims from entering the United States.

Were liberals outraged and protesting over that?

The protests and outrage we’re witnessing now appears to be more anti-Trump nonsense from the bitter left.

From Washington Examiner

Obama has barred huge groups of potentially dangerous immigrants from entering the United States at least six times, undercutting his claim that barring Muslims from terrorist countries as Donald Trump has proposed is un-American.
In his first ban, according to a search of White House records, Obama instituted a ban on “immigrants or nonimmigrants” covered by a larger United Nations travel ban. He also included those on an economic sanctions list. Most countries were Muslim.
He cited the very same section of law that many critics of his policies have asked him to use, “section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952.” It says, “Whenever the president finds that the entry of aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, the president may, by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrant’s or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”
He used the same provision five other times, one more in 2011, twice in 2012 and twice in 2014. In those, he targeted people aiding Iran, Syria, Crimea, and those involved in war crimes.
Still, in his latest tirade against Trump’s call for a ban on Muslims from terror nations, Obama said such bans violate the American way.
In reaction to the Orlando terror attack, Trump said, “When I’m elected, I will suspend immigration from areas of the world where there is a proven history of terrorism against the United States, Europe or our allies until we fully understand how to end these threats.”
Obama ripped him. “That’s not the America we want,” he said. “It doesn’t reflect our democratic ideals. It will make us less safe.”
White House documents also show that former President Bill Clinton issued six immigrant bans; George W. Bush six immigrant bans; and former President Ronald Reagan four. And in 1980, former President Jimmy Carter banned Iranians after Tehran seized the U.S. embassy."


BREAKING : The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants” – TruthFeed
__________________
Сделать Америку великой Снова
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." Margaret Thatcher
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page