Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:18 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Comments on the Michael Jackson Verdict...

Ok since I couldn't close just the poll when the verdict came in and lots were voting knowing the outcome I closed the thread and opened this one for you fellow members to comment on the verdict.

For me I think he got off becasue he was famous and still has more money than many....But thats my opinion....

I expect a Civil suit to be following as in the OJ case.....

Your opinions now...

__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:37 PM
MedMech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
We hate it but it's over, so lets get over it.....like we did the Clinton administration.

Lets hope he keeps his promise to go to Europe and anyone who lets their kids near him are guilty of being a ****** moron.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Martha Clarke put it best:

Any normal Joe Blowe needs to be convicted "beyond a reasonable doubt".

However, if you are a celebrity with the status of Michael Jackson, the jury raises the burden of proof to "beyond any shadow of doubt".

Pretty difficult to convict anyone under this burden.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMech
.....like we did the Clinton administration.
Some of us will be railing against Clinton when we are 80 years of age (another 36 years if anybody is counting).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton
Martha Clarke put it best:

Any normal Joe Blowe needs to be convicted "beyond a reasonable doubt".

However, if you are a celebrity with the status of Michael Jackson, the jury raises the burden of proof to "beyond any shadow of doubt".

Pretty difficult to convict anyone under this burden.
Unfortunatly Joe Blow is usually convicted by the "He probably did it" standard. This was closer to beyond a reasonable doubt.

Lets face it, what evidence did they bring? The testimony of a child who was discredited and his mom who has lied under oath before. Would you want to go to jail on that evidence? No physical evidence, no Docs, no witnesses. There is reasonable doubt all over this case.

He had porn in his house? So what. It wasn't even kiddy porn. Just run of the mill stuff. Anyone here up for a quick check of your hard drive?

Yeah he's a freak, but that's not illegal.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
BusyBenz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton
Some of us will be railing against Clinton when we are 80 years of age (another 36 years if anybody is counting).
Well, like Jackson, the Bush administration can do no wrong!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:19 PM
MedMech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by w126
Now!! ... ON TO REAL NEWS -- Like that missing girl in Aruba.
That's heartbreaking, I can't imagine waht her parents are going through
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by w126
Now!! ... ON TO REAL NEWS -- Like that missing girl in Aruba.
You can start a new thread about what that girl was doing on her own at her age in Aruba.....this one is on Micheal Jackson....
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:44 PM
MS Fowler's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Littlestown PA ( 6 miles south of Gettysburg)
Posts: 2,208
There were no heroes in this case; only sad, pathetic human beings.
The prosecuor with dreams of making a name for himself.
The boy and particularly his mom with visions of $$$$$$$
Michael jackson---what can I say about him? pathetic!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop
Lets face it, what evidence did they bring? The testimony of a child who was discredited and his mom who has lied under oath before. Would you want to go to jail on that evidence? No physical evidence, no Docs, no witnesses. There is reasonable doubt all over this case.
Koop, you make a good point here.

Tell me, why, if the evidence was so weak, did the prosecution have a giant celebration while the jury was out? Are these guys that stupid or that arrogant?

I was under the assumption that you never attempt to second guess a jury. Their behavior, to me, was simply amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton
Koop, you make a good point here.

Tell me, why, if the evidence was so weak, did the prosecution have a giant celebration while the jury was out? Are these guys that stupid or that arrogant?

I was under the assumption that you never attempt to second guess a jury. Their behavior, to me, was simply amazing.
They mocked the trial gods and were punished. Arrogant and stupid are two good adjectives. I've sweated out a bunch of juries and you never, never anger the trial gods by even whispering that the jury might possibly find for you.

Longest I've ever had a jury out was three days. Freaking torture (we won) but I never ever said we would win. You can briefly consider the possiblility that you might win, but give voice to thought and your screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:13 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by w126
No thanks. I'll interject here. It is indeed sad for anyone to lose their child, however kids go missing everyday and they don't garner this sort of att'n. Granted, it's in another country so has a slightly interesting angle, but it doesn't deserve 24/7 coverage.

When I turn on the radio or TV all I hear about is pop culture "news". Well, the TV is now only going to air those items related to the internal combustion engine or educational progamming. I'll stick to my periodicals to get the news.

Who gives a **** about MJ anyhow.
Lot of people do care about this guy....no normal guy WANTS to sleep in a bed with 12 year old boys....hell thats not normal. Whats sick is the number of parents who never thought anything wrong to leave their kids with soemone like that.

Totally different issue than the missing girl.....which I agree is a sad issue.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:20 PM
GottaDiesel's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,564
Well, let's see. He's innocent, yet the last time this crap happened he paid millions to shut them up. I have a problem with that.

As for the Clinton Administration comment. I would be very happy to have years that again. There wouldn't be as many kids worrying about being killed while they guard an oil truck or pipeline.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:23 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaDiesel
Well, let's see. He's innocent, yet the last time this crap happened he paid millions to shut them up. I have a problem with that.

As for the Clinton Administration comment. I would be very happy to have years that again. There wouldn't be as many kids worrying about being killed while they guard an oil truck or pipeline.

No you would be worried about terrorists setting off bombs here on the streets instead.

And before you say it never happened before....think back to the first WTC bombing.......that was Al Queda.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:34 PM
GottaDiesel's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
No you would be worried about terrorists setting off bombs here on the streets instead.

And before you say it never happened before....think back to the first WTC bombing.......that was Al Queda.


NO I would not be worried in the least about that. And actually the first WTC incident wasn't even close. We didn't have much intelligence that it was going happen. I won't go into what we knew and didn't know about 9/11.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
joke thread kott Off-Topic Discussion 1069 08-20-2017 09:31 PM
Is Michael Jackson finally going down? KirkVining Off-Topic Discussion 27 06-23-2016 12:01 AM
Michael Jackson Interview Kuan Off-Topic Discussion 6 11-20-2003 10:33 PM
Michael Jackson Jason Beal Off-Topic Discussion 17 02-28-2003 03:38 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page