Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:21 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Mayor and Gov mass murderers?

With the large number of deaths in the New Orleans hospital and the Nursing home discovered recently the question is...

Why did these people die and are they (the Governor of LA and th Mayor of New Orleans) going to be held responsible for their wrongful deaths....

The evacuation plan was all but ignored...and the people least able to leave on their own if even on foot were abandoned by their caregivers to die.

And some people are trying to blame this on Bush...what ignorance...what about blaming the people in LA that could have and should have gotten them out.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #2  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
In your rhetorical terms, Bush has already pled guilty by admitting responsibility for the shortcomings. Where is your call for impeachment or is anything a Republican President do, or fail to do, untouchable?
  #3  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:32 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI
In your rhetorical terms, Bush has already pled guilty by admitting responsibility for the shortcomings. Where is your call for impeachment or is anything a Republican President do, or fail to do, untouchable?
FEMA was not the first responder...nor were they responsible for evacuating the old folks home or the Hospital. THat was the Mayors responsibility...

No buses were used to evacuate the infirm...the city did nothing ot help these people who were in th emost need of help.

Bush sent help....thats more then the Mayor or the Gov did...

All Bush admitted to was that FEMA could have doine better....

But they did show up and did do what they were supposed to do.

The guy that ran FEMA is now history....

Unlike the Mayor or the Governor.

And thats my point...
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #4  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:37 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Doesn't the loss of even a single life, due to FEMA's inadequate response, make him culpable? I believe the mantra of the right is that every life is precious.
  #5  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI
Doesn't the loss of even a single life, due to FEMA's inadequate response, make him culpable? I believe the mantra of the right is that every life is precious.
no...people die every day...even without Hurricanes..

when patients are abandoned to die in hospitals and nursing homes in mass by the very people in charge of caring for them or who were supposed to be evacuating them...who is the Mayor #1 and the Governor#2

now that is criminal neglect...

many of the people who did no leave were being thick headed and their deaths are their own fault...but these people I speak of had no choice...
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #6  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:46 PM
AdamRant
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The "FEMA is not the first responder" is another Shameless Lie. In fact, your postings on this subject is riddled with them. Here is a link where you can download the Department of Homeland Security's official policy on response to natural disaster (right click and download if you have dialup) :

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/NRPbaseplan.pdf

That and other links refuting this Shameless Lie can be found at:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200509080002#20050909
  #7  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:49 PM
MedMech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
It sure is nice to see someone step up to the plate and take responsibility. I personally didn't think it would be dubbya himself, I KNEW Blanco would never tell the truth about anything and everyone knows that newspapers don't look good when they drag a women through the mud.
  #8  
Old 09-13-2005, 03:56 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Well in my mind the infirm should have been a priority for evacuation....but then I can't see how that expectation is unreasonible.

I found news of that shocking.....
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #9  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:11 PM
mzsmbs's Avatar
just out there!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: just out there!
Posts: 2,192
it's kind of shocking that you tend to ignore facts and hang on to the same tired lines.
__________________
72 W114/M130

RedMeat cartoon
  #10  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:15 PM
MS Fowler's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Littlestown PA ( 6 miles south of Gettysburg)
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI
In your rhetorical terms, Bush has already pled guilty by admitting responsibility for the shortcomings. Where is your call for impeachment or is anything a Republican President do, or fail to do, untouchable?
You should be more careful in your reading of the president's statement. Please correct me if I/m wrong, but I believe he accepted responsibility for the government's failures; I do not belive there was any personal responsibility taken by the President.

But besides that, your argument is silly. It could be extended to any death of anyone in the country. Because the president allowed Ford to build cars, and a car killed my____ therefore the President is responsilbe. Absurd!
  #11  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:16 PM
MedMech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs
it's kind of shocking that you tend to ignore facts and hang on to the same tired lines.
Look in the mirror, would you say that Bush is 100% responsible?
  #12  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:16 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs
it's kind of shocking that you tend to ignore facts and hang on to the same tired lines.
what facts?

my statement s are facts...they are facts the democrats wish woul dbe forgotten but I am no democrat...
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #13  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:17 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Absurdity in this thread did not begin with my post.

Last edited by MTI; 09-13-2005 at 04:22 PM.
  #14  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
so, your explanation is space aliens placed those bodies in the hospital and the nursing home?
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #15  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Fowler
Because the president allowed Ford to build cars, and a car killed my____ therefore the President is responsilbe. Absurd!
The president of Ford could be charged and tried for manslaughter via reckless indifference (criminal negligence) in many jurisdictions.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page