Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Pierre Levegh's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33
Formula 1 starts this weekend

Nice preview of the teams...

http://sniffpetrol.com/

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Chris Bell's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Santa Clara, CA.
Posts: 750
Race has been run already

1)Fernando Alonso; Renault
2)Michael Schumacher; Ferrari
3)Kimi Räikkönen; McLaren

Should be an interesting season
__________________
I'm sick of .sig files
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
vwbuge's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,101
I have dabbled in the formula 1 realm......but MotoGP starts March 26.
__________________
'85 300SD (formerly california emissions)
'02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
'04 VW Passat W8 (6spd manual) SOLD!!
'68/'69 Empi Imp body on '65 Beetle pan
'93 Ducati 900 SS
'79 Kawasaki KZ 650
'86 Kawasaki KX 250
'72 Triumph T100R
'70 Yamaha R5 Rat Bike
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Saw the race the French won wtf. Ferrari better get its freaken but in gear or I'm defecting to Mercedes/McLeran.

On a positive note Mich is nowhere to be seen. By by, its official Bridgestone rules.

Also wee seem to have an American driver!!! I'd like nothing more then to see an American F1 car with an American driver. To bad all the talanted drivers waste their effort on Nascrap.

Shelby could do it...
__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2006, 10:23 PM
elau's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: MD.
Posts: 1,725
Hatterasguy,
You traitor!!! You should be on the Mercedes/McLaren team to start with

I don't wish Michael Schumacher and Ferrari team wins this season. The F1 was dominant by them for the last few years and it was getting boring to watch. We need new blood to get the race exciting again. Good job Alonso.
__________________
95 R129
04 Infiniti G35.5 BS
10 X204
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 PM
MedMech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4850869510431247349&q=ferrari

What dreams are made of.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Vronsky's Avatar
Enemy combatant
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amsterdam, Old Europe
Posts: 841
The last part of the race showed that Alonso's Renault is only just little bit more powerful than the Ferrari, great to see them back up front. The McLaren ended third, after having started from last position... so they've got their car ready aswell. BMW will catch up soon, I'm sure. Honda's return in 4th looks promising. Seems it will be an exciting competition this season with the new, 'small' V8-engines.
__________________
2011 Prius
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
I'd kill to get my hands on an F1 car, throw a set of trailer lights on it for brake lights and drive in on the street. They have been known to buzz up and down the Parkway in CT...

I'm a Ferrari fan so they should be up front, just as long as Renult doesn't win again I will be happy though.
__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Vronsky's Avatar
Enemy combatant
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amsterdam, Old Europe
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy
I'd kill to get my hands on an F1 car, throw a set of trailer lights on it for brake lights and drive in on the street. They have been known to buzz up and down the Parkway in CT...

I'm a Ferrari fan so they should be up front, just as long as Renult doesn't win again I will be happy though.

Barichello's sucessor Massa doesn't look so great, rumour has it Rossi will take his seat next year. Keke Rosberg's son surprised everyone: F1-racingtalent does seem hereditary. How old are Schumacher's kids by now...
__________________
2011 Prius
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
jlomon's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vronsky
Barichello's sucessor Massa doesn't look so great, rumour has it Rossi will take his seat next year. Keke Rosberg's son surprised everyone: F1-racingtalent does seem hereditary. How old are Schumacher's kids by now...
Now I'm a huge McLaren fan and have been for years, but Massa didn't look bad at all until Ferrari had their right rear air gun "failure" that resulted in a 47+ second pit stop for Massa. He qualified within .040 of a second from Schumi and looked pretty aggressive on the start, giving Alonso a nice little push towards the wall.

Different #2 driver, same old Ferrari. Did you ever notice in the past when Reubens would look a little too fast there was always some sort of pit lane "failure" that put him well behind Schumi? I have a running joke with a friend of mine that the two Ferrari's are completely equal, except for the crotch bat they install in the cockpit of the number two car. Whenver Reubens would look like he was going to win, good old Ross Brawn would activate that crotch bat, and Reubens finished in second. Massa had better start wearing a cup.

If Kimi goes there, I hope its without Schumi as his partner. Kimi can't possibly get a fair shake as long as Schumi is around. And that's a shame, because I'd love to see Kimi have a car that is both fast *and* reliable.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Cabernet red, actually
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
I don't wish Michael Schumacher and Ferrari team wins this season. The F1 was dominant by them for the last few years and it was getting boring to watch. We need new blood to get the race exciting again. Good job Alonso.

Yes, I agree. F1 was getting quite boring with Schumacher and Barrichello driving clearly superior cars week after week.

I used to wake up at like 4 in the morning to watch these races on the speed channel, or whatever channel it was. Now I don't have cable and can't see them! I find races on road tracks to be far more enjoyable than perpetual circle races, and the F1 drivers are really phenomenal and in the world's fastest cars. If I were rich I think I would go watch the race in Monaco...
__________________
Ralph

1985 300D Turbo, CA model
248,650 miles and counting...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-14-2006, 03:37 PM
MedMech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ever since de-Ferrarization F1 has sorta sucked, I thought last years Indy Grand Prix was awesome....nothing but Ferrari's

haha jus kidding I am glad that F1 is back although I wish there was some good Rally in the US.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:28 PM
elau's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: MD.
Posts: 1,725
Heard this may be Shumi's last racing season. Guess all hinges on how well he does during the season.
__________________
95 R129
04 Infiniti G35.5 BS
10 X204
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
89-300ce's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon
Different #2 driver, same old Ferrari. Did you ever notice in the past when Reubens would look a little too fast there was always some sort of pit lane "failure" that put him well behind Schumi? I have a running joke with a friend of mine that the two Ferrari's are completely equal, except for the crotch bat they install in the cockpit of the number two car. Whenver Reubens would look like he was going to win, good old Ross Brawn would activate that crotch bat, and Reubens finished in second. Massa had better start wearing a cup.

If Kimi goes there, I hope its without Schumi as his partner. Kimi can't possibly get a fair shake as long as Schumi is around. And that's a shame, because I'd love to see Kimi have a car that is both fast *and* reliable.
You've got to be kidding. Massa was in the pits because he flat spotted his tires trying to take out Alonso. His race was ruined before he got to the air gun. He's no Kimi who can come from the back of the pack.

And now let's see how Reubens does when he doesn't have that silly #2 hat on. After all the speculation about team orders let's see how he stacks up against Button.

I agree, Shumi should leave and make room for Kimi. Ferrari has to look toward the future.

Jorg
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Agreed Kimi is probably one of the strongest F1 drivers, and will only get better.

__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page