Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:30 PM
JWJ JWJ is offline
Mechanically challenged
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 395
What is wrong with New Jersey?

Everytime I go thru New Jeresy something goes badly.

Anywhere from corrupt cops to bad restaurants to people outright stealing in front of you.

Of course we see a little of this everywhere but in NJ is so in your face...

Does living in NJ normally mean dealing with this?

Or do they pick on out of state people passing thru?

This last time I swore I'll never even pass thru NJ again.

__________________
JWJ
1983 MB 300D - > 430,000 miles - Deep Blue - Bilstein Comforts - 0-60 in 24 seconds - 27MPG
1985 MB 300TD (wagon) - > 275,000 miles - Manila Beige - Thule rack - 0-60 in 18 seconds - 22 - 25MPG
Biodiesel, Mobil Delvac 1, and Viton fuel lines!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Winnetka, IL
Posts: 2
Well, I used to spend my summers in Saddle River, I never had any problem, but I will say this, NJ is a strict state. What part of NJ gives you the most trouble, south or north? Lady down the street is a Jersey girl, I'll ask her about this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2006, 10:11 PM
GottaDiesel's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,564
Everytime I go thru New Jeresy something goes badly.

>>> Ok, what happen?

Anywhere from corrupt cops to bad restaurants to people outright stealing in front of you.

>>> Corrupt cops are everywhere, but yes, NJ does have their share!... And yes. people do steal right in front of you.

Of course we see a little of this everywhere but in NJ is so in your face...

>>> Yes. "In your face" is a good way to put it, BUT usually only in the Northern part... South Jersey, say below exit 129 on the Parkway, is full of lots of nice people. Northern Jersey can be very snobby in parts. The irony is that the people are almost all fakes.

Does living in NJ normally mean dealing with this?

>>> Yes.

Or do they pick on out of state people passing thru?

>>> Yes.

This last time I swore I'll never even pass thru NJ again.

>>> I don't blame you. But we're a pain to go around.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2006, 10:11 PM
GottaDiesel's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,564
P.S. Saddle River in in North Jersey and not a poor area.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2006, 11:00 PM
JWJ JWJ is offline
Mechanically challenged
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 395
Its north Jersey. I've never had a problem in south Jersey.
__________________
JWJ
1983 MB 300D - > 430,000 miles - Deep Blue - Bilstein Comforts - 0-60 in 24 seconds - 27MPG
1985 MB 300TD (wagon) - > 275,000 miles - Manila Beige - Thule rack - 0-60 in 18 seconds - 22 - 25MPG
Biodiesel, Mobil Delvac 1, and Viton fuel lines!

Last edited by JWJ; 10-25-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,307
Yeah it sucks, also sucks living somewhat close to it. In general I hate NJ, can't put my finger on it. But I know a lot of people who live down there and love it.

Just watch out for any late model BMW with NJ plates, only (*)()_&)(& are allowed to buy those in that state, its the law!
__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
John Holmes III
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
They don't know how to party.... that's the problem. The fakes think it's all about the Gotti hairstyle and living it up like Paris. In reality, they don't know what fun is until they go partay in the woods. Complete with good ole boys who attach chains to the backs of each others truck and see who can pull who. Add some cow tipping, moonshine, and large mud tires....plus a few women who can skin a deer, change a diaper, do the laundry, and cook dinner.. all at the same time, and you have the makings of a good time. Those yanks don't know what they are missings.

Just kiding, sort of..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rockville MD
Posts: 833
NJ has no real city to call its own. Its a giant suburb of New York and Philly.
__________________
1985 380SE Blue/Blue - 230,000 miles
2012 Subaru Forester 5-speed
2005 Toyota Sienna
2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible
1999 Toyota Tacoma
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2006, 12:28 AM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
What is wrong with New Jeresy?

Well, for starters - They have Cammie.
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2006, 12:34 AM
ForcedInduction
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
You can't pump your own gas. Plenty enough of a reason for me to keep out of there.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Austin85's Avatar
Smells like Diesel..
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Boca Raton, Fl
Posts: 2,723
Talking

As a Brooklyn native; I'll share an old saying we have about NJ:

"Flush twice; It's a long way to NewJersey!!!!!"
__________________
'87 924S
'81 280SEL

Sold ->

81 300SD -
93 300E w/ 3.2
85 300D-
79 300SD
82 300CD
83 300CD - CA
87 190E 5 spd
87 Porsche 924S

"..I'll take a simple "C" to "G" and feel brand new about it..."

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-26-2006, 06:05 AM
kamil's Avatar
Rutgers University
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,310
Just read something and then I find this thread.....this is so TRUE and you have to be from Jersey to understand.

I'm From Jersey and Dam Proud
Body: Jersey Born, Jersey Bred, Jersey Trash Till I'm dead!

Yeah, I'm from Jersey, have been all my life. I'm gonna give you everything about jersey, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

First... New Jersey people are conceited. It's true. We hate
everyone else. And we think we are better than everyone else. And we never stop talking about how great jersey is. Then we tell people to "shut the **** up" when they tell us all we talk about is jersey. I just recently was in the south ... and I can honestly say, that I do think I am better than them. It's not my fault. It's cause I'm from jersey. My friends and I were the rudest, most obnoxious people there. Everyone just stared at us. Then we saw other rude people, and I asked them where they were from. They said jersey.

Why are New Jersey people self centered? Because we have reason to be.

Next, some of the most famous people have come from our
state. Just to name A FEW... Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen, Kevin Smith, Whitney Houston, Martha Stewart, Lauryn Hill, Catch 22, Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifa, My Chemical Romance, Bon Jovi, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, The Four Seasons, Danny Devito, Tom Cruise .. and the list Goes on.

Not only do we have famous people, we rank in the top 10 of smartest states every year.

Not only are we smart & famous...we're rich. Bergen, Somerset, Morris, & Hunderton counties rank in the countries top 15 richest counties. And despite the slums of Newark (yes, Newark, not New -ark) & Camden which are some of the countries most dangerous places to live, we have 4 of the top 10 safest cities to live in the US.

And we smell? Yeah, we do. New Jersey smells like ASS. On the turnpike, between exits 14 and 17. That's like, 5 percent of the entire state.. Bayonne, Port Newark, and Secaucus. And the surrounding areas. That's it. The majority of the state smells like trees. Because the majority of the state is trees. In fact, three of New Jersey's cities rank in the countries top 10 least polluted cities. So shove it.

New Jersey is ideal. I live 20 minutes away from New York City and 45 minutes away from the famous jersey shore, which by the way is amazing. You think your beach is better? **** you. Why do you think MTV's true life had an episode titled "I'm a Jersey Shore girl." Because it's the best ****ing shore in the country.

My house is 3 minutes to the nearest mall, 5 minutes to the next, and a 10 to the next. I just Counted 7 malls within a half hour of my house. Find me another state that has all that to offer.

Yeah, we have accents. Who gives a ****? Everyone has an accent. And no, we don't say "Joisey." We do say "cawfee and tawk." But I can tell you it's a hell of a better accent than you *****es from the south.

Hungry? Don't worry. We have 24 hour diners. A million of them. We also have Hoboken which has some of the finest places to eat. And you have not had real Italian food until you come here. Okay?
And WE can't drive? NO.. YOU can't drive. In the south the speed limit signs read: speed limit 60.. minimum 45. WHAT? That's why you people can't drive. Who has a minimum speed limit? New Jersey drivers like pissing other people off solely because of the reputation. This is what we will do...just so you know...if we see an out of state license plate, we'll tailgate your ass. Probably because you're only doing the speed limit & we want to go 20 over. Then, we'll cut you off... and go slow in front of you. Because we can. And because when you go home you're gonna complain about us. We like it, it doesn't bother us….it’s what we want.

We like fast things. Things move too slow in other states. You can tell that someone's from New Jersey by the way they walk. They walk really fast and have a strut that says "I'm better than you."

Music scene? Amazing. Remember Hunka Bunka?...DJais, and last but definitely not least... TEMPTS!!! Enough said. We also have the best local bands... The rap scene, I don't know much about that, but I know it's there…& I know it's good. Obviously the club scene. You don't know club music until you come into New Jersey... SERIOUSLY. - - - - "We don't pump our gas ... we pump our fists."

Just shut the **** up. If you go to Seaside boardwalk or Belmar. You'll probably see some of the trashiest, skankiest girls & some of the most guido, gelled up hair, armani exchange wearing boys that take too many steroids and have too much sex… But they are gorgeous and they know how to dance better than anyone you ever met in your life. So yeah, the stereotype that all jersey chicks are trashy, is true ... but only if you go to Seaside. That's pretty much it. The rest of the state is full of confident, beautiful people that speak their mind.

What else? Giants, Jets, Nets, and of course the Devils. They're
better than you. So shut the **** up. And we have more Yankee fans than New York City. Come to jersey with a sox hat on ... I ****in' dare you!

And oh yeah, we say "yo." Often. And "****." I don't complain that you say "y'all" so don't complain that I say "yo."

To sum up New Jersey, yeah, most of the stereotypes are true,
probably for about 5 percent of the state. The rest of the state is beautiful.

And yeah, we hate you. We love ourselves. Wanna know why? Because all you *****es hate us. How would you feel if the other 49 states spent all their time talking ****? We deserve to be our own country cause we're that cool.
__________________
Audi TT

Last edited by kamil; 10-26-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-26-2006, 06:11 AM
kamil's Avatar
Rutgers University
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,310
it's true about running out of state people off the road. everybody i know does it!!! you jerks come to this state and actually do the speed limit in the fast lane....who the hell does that? if the speed limit says 65 that means you should be doing 95 at least.
__________________
Audi TT
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-26-2006, 06:44 AM
JWJ JWJ is offline
Mechanically challenged
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 395
But you don't have...

Well, what a wonderful state...

But NJ still doesn't have the Statue of Liberty. Isn't it closer to NJ than NY? Well, can't have everything.

Oh, and you can't have a concealed carry gun permit in NJ. All the southern states have that.

And is there any other state where you can't pump your own fuel?

You're right - NJ should be its own country because they are not afforded the basic freedoms most US citizens can get.
__________________
JWJ
1983 MB 300D - > 430,000 miles - Deep Blue - Bilstein Comforts - 0-60 in 24 seconds - 27MPG
1985 MB 300TD (wagon) - > 275,000 miles - Manila Beige - Thule rack - 0-60 in 18 seconds - 22 - 25MPG
Biodiesel, Mobil Delvac 1, and Viton fuel lines!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Jim B.'s Avatar
Who's flying this thing ?
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: N. California./ N. Nevada
Posts: 3,611
The thing speaks for itself

"I' m from Jersey and am damn proud"

All I can think was that there was this IPSA anid he was RESing down the New Jersey turnpike....

....might have been some Audi, I don't know, it was trailing fumes of Paco Rabanne

__________________
1991 560 SEC AMG, 199k <---- 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV ...

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page