Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 275
ABC News on Fallujah last night

First video
http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=Fallujah&type=

Apparently it's going well, but you can't trust the liberal biased media that never reports on successes.

__________________
1984 300TD
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 41,599
I'll be damned. First time I've seen that, though of course, who hasn't heard about improvements since Petraeus' report to Congress?

Hope it holds. Hope it spreads.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2007, 09:36 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
Renaissance Dude
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 21,438
One hopes some progress can be made, for everyone's sake.

I don't want to see this used as justification for our invasion. It was our presence that stimulated AQ bombings in Falujah. We help them to calm it down, seems like mostly back to square one, minus Saddam. That might be a good thing but the full range of civil war has yet to play out.
__________________
cmac

1986 300SDL, 351K
1984 300D, 133K
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,538
The report backs up what Michael Yon has been reporting.

www.michaelyon-online.com
__________________
Paul S.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Patriotic Scoundrel
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by suginami View Post
The report backs up what Michael Yon has been reporting.

www.michaelyon-online.com
for almost 2 years now...


Where is that dude's Pullitzer?
__________________
-livin' in the terminally flippant zone
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by peragro View Post
for almost 2 years now...
He couldn't have been talking about the same thing 2 years ago. In the video they talk to soldiers comparing events months ago, not years ago.


It's not the first time I've seen reports on progress on network news, just the first time I've found the link since I've been on MShop. There was some positive reports on the progress in Anbar a few months ago.
__________________
1984 300TD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
dynalow's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,599
What effect does this progress, if lasting, have on this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV4DIURvbwY

maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Patriotic Scoundrel
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
He couldn't have been talking about the same thing 2 years ago. In the video they talk to soldiers comparing events months ago, not years ago.


It's not the first time I've seen reports on progress on network news, just the first time I've found the link since I've been on MShop. There was some positive reports on the progress in Anbar a few months ago.
Yon's been reporting in Iraq for well over two years. He's independent and funded by readers. His has been the best coverage of the war in both Afghanistan and Iraq (plus some side trips elsewhere). He was writing about the successes of the surge within days of it occurring. Many of his posts have conflicted greatly with main stream media or the subject matter wasn't covered at all so that the big networks could bring us more information about OJ Simpson or Brittany Spears.

If you want to read perhaps the best reporting on the battle of Mosul ever done then Yon is the place to go. He easily deserved a Pulitzer for that.

He's also been one to report when soldiers have received honors for what they've done. It's shameful that there was so little coverage on Lt Murphy this week. Many main stream networks did not mention it at all.
__________________
-livin' in the terminally flippant zone
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Patriotic Scoundrel
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynalow View Post
What effect does this progress, if lasting, have on this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV4DIURvbwY

maybe?
I hope the progress continues to success.

Regardless, I have nothing but contempt for a Senator who declares a US loss while we still have troops in the field.

Hopefully he fades away and goes back to living in some shack in the Nevada desert and no one has to listen to him again.
__________________
-livin' in the terminally flippant zone
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
dynalow's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by peragro View Post

He's also been one to report when soldiers have received honors for what they've done. It's shameful that there was so little coverage on Lt Murphy this week. Many main stream networks did not mention it at all.
But those guys support the troops!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
LaRondo's Avatar
Rondissimo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by peragro View Post
Yon's been reporting in Iraq for well over two years. He's independent and funded by readers. His has been the best coverage of the war in both Afghanistan and Iraq (plus some side trips elsewhere). He was writing about the successes of the surge within days of it occurring. Many of his posts have conflicted greatly with main stream media or the subject matter wasn't covered at all so that the big networks could bring us more information about OJ Simpson or Brittany Spears.

If you want to read perhaps the best reporting on the battle of Mosul ever done then Yon is the place to go. He easily deserved a Pulitzer for that.

He's also been one to report when soldiers have received honors for what they've done. It's shameful that there was so little coverage on Lt Murphy this week. Many main stream networks did not mention it at all.
Nothing but war-worshipping.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 41,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRondo View Post
Nothing but war-worshipping.
Nothing but bleating negativism.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
LaRondo's Avatar
Rondissimo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 162
Your are one of the few to comment like this.
Through your lenses war is good for human kind...right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
LaRondo's Avatar
Rondissimo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Nothing but bleating negativism.
Let's have more wars...the positive kind!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by peragro View Post
Yon's been reporting in Iraq for well over two years. He's independent and funded by readers. His has been the best coverage of the war in both Afghanistan and Iraq (plus some side trips elsewhere). He was writing about the successes of the surge within days of it occurring. Many of his posts have conflicted greatly with main stream media or the subject matter wasn't covered at all so that the big networks could bring us more information about OJ Simpson or Brittany Spears.

If you want to read perhaps the best reporting on the battle of Mosul ever done then Yon is the place to go. He easily deserved a Pulitzer for that.
I've read Yon's blog. I didn't read where he touted the surge only days after it began. I'm pretty sure things couldn't get better that fast. I think he's pretty damn good at what he does, but objective investigative journalism isn't it.

I also think mainstream media tends not to use blogs as sources for stories, and that's probably a good idea. Of course blogs may become mainstream media before too long, so maybe it's not a good idea.

__________________
1984 300TD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page