Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,263
It's a massacre

Anyone watching Sunday Night Football? I hope you're a New England fan.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM
SwampYankee's Avatar
New England Hick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Anyone watching Sunday Night Football? I hope you're a New England fan.
Yee-haa!



And to think Belickick likes Dick Jauron. Imagine what it would be if he didn't?
__________________

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 101
No class running up the score like that. I hope they get dramatically taken out at the big show for a little humble pie.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
cscmc1's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Central IL
Posts: 2,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
No class running up the score like that. I hope they get dramatically taken out at the big show for a little humble pie.
Ditto. Remember a few weeks back, when they were up big again, and went for it on 4th down instead of just kicking a field goal? They have done that a couple of times now. No class...

The bigger they come, the harder they fall.
__________________
1992 300D 2.5T
1980 Euro 300D (sadly, sold)
1998 Jetta TDI, 132K "Rudy"
1974 Triumph TR6
1999 Saab 9-5 wagon (wife's)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
No class running up the score like that. I hope they get dramatically taken out at the big show for a little humble pie.
amen to that brother.

Or rather, I hope Indianapolis takes them out at the AFC Chamionship game. The Colts actually outplayed the Patriots for nearly the whole game...they should've won.
__________________
Paul S.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-2007, 01:08 PM
SwampYankee's Avatar
New England Hick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,501
Wah wah wah. That's been the drum beat for the past 2 months. The f'n guys are millionaires paid to play the game. Suck it up and stop the 5th string running back from running straight ahead and scoring on them while running more time off the clock. It's funny that scoring wasn't an issue when the Rams and Colts were doing it, they were just "a great team." Is putting a guaranteed 3 on the board any less rubbing it in than taking a 50/50 shot and giving the D a chance to find its' balls and make a stop?

I suppose they could take a knee on each down in the second half. That wouldn't be too embarrassing. Fumble recovery? Just give it back. I guarantee it was harder for the Pats to NOT score over the last 13 minutes than it would have been to put a few more TD's on the board.

Or they could play a 60 minute game for...60 minutes! What a crazy idea!

I guess the pussification has finally trickled down and reached the NFL. Maybe they could put the mercy-rule in like they have in youth/peewee sports so the players don't feel "bad."

No wonder Belichick and the Pats have adopted the F--- the NFL attitiude. You can't appease the unappeaseable.
__________________

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-19-2007, 01:36 PM
SwampYankee's Avatar
New England Hick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by suginami View Post
amen to that brother.

Or rather, I hope Indianapolis takes them out at the AFC Chamionship game. The Colts actually outplayed the Patriots for nearly the whole game...they should've won.
No kidding, the fix was in (3 phantom PI penalties for like 100+ yards, 146 total), Brady had his worst game this season and they still couldn't get it done. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

The injury bug has stricken the Colts, though. And Manning without his weapons isn't as effective as Brady was with his no-name receivers. At least that's the excuse we've been hearing ever since the Pats/Colts game.

Pittsburgh may knock them out, but there's no way a depleted Colts team playing outside their biosphere will. The Excuse Machine is already working full-time to get that word out.
__________________

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:16 PM
cscmc1's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Central IL
Posts: 2,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post

Pittsburgh may knock them out, but there's no way a depleted Colts team playing outside their biosphere will. The Excuse Machine is already working full-time to get that word out.
This from a fan of the team that complained that the Colts might be "piping in crowd noise" at the RCA Dome?
__________________
1992 300D 2.5T
1980 Euro 300D (sadly, sold)
1998 Jetta TDI, 132K "Rudy"
1974 Triumph TR6
1999 Saab 9-5 wagon (wife's)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Medmech's Avatar
Gone Waterboarding
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 117
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
Wah wah wah. That's been the drum beat for the past 2 months. The f'n guys are millionaires paid to play the game. Suck it up and stop the 5th string running back from running straight ahead and scoring on them while running more time off the clock. It's funny that scoring wasn't an issue when the Rams and Colts were doing it, they were just "a great team." Is putting a guaranteed 3 on the board any less rubbing it in than taking a 50/50 shot and giving the D a chance to find its' balls and make a stop?

I suppose they could take a knee on each down in the second half. That wouldn't be too embarrassing. Fumble recovery? Just give it back. I guarantee it was harder for the Pats to NOT score over the last 13 minutes than it would have been to put a few more TD's on the board.

Or they could play a 60 minute game for...60 minutes! What a crazy idea!

I guess the pussification has finally trickled down and reached the NFL. Maybe they could put the mercy-rule in like they have in youth/peewee sports so the players don't feel "bad."

No wonder Belichick and the Pats have adopted the F--- the NFL attitiude. You can't appease the unappeaseable.
Word!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
SwampYankee's Avatar
New England Hick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscmc1 View Post
This from a fan of the team that complained that the Colts might be "piping in crowd noise" at the RCA Dome?
I see the irony there, but I'm not one who believes it. Although the Pats aren't the only team to complain about piped in crowd noise. There are still guys posting on a Pats forum I frequent with every little update on that subject 2 weeks later.

With Belichick everything is about gamesmanship.
__________________

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:13 PM
KylePavao's Avatar
Diesel Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tiverton Rhode Island/University of Rhode Island
Posts: 400
Hmm

The Pats are paying Brady and Moss and the rest of the gang a lot of money to do two things. Stop the other team from scoring points, and to score points. What is the problem? When the Rams did it, they were a great team. And now it's running up the score? Is it their fault they are that good? The point of the game is to have the other team stop them from scoring. If they can't, then they should continue to score.

Moss gets paid 85 million dollars a year to score touchdowns. The pats should get their money's worth.
__________________
http://www.betten.mercedescenter.com...n_banner_1.jpg
1976 300D
190,000 Miles
Colorado Beige

1975 300D
Parts Car
78,000 Miles
Rustbucket
Also Colorado Beige

1984 190D 2.2 (Dad's)
156,000 miles
Champagne Metallic Clearcoat
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
dynalow's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,599
The NFL is now more than ever a home run hitters league. (Air Coryell anyone?)

The Colts had 2&1/2 last year and won the Super Bowl.
Sooo, the Pats go and get their 2 home run hitters, Moss & Stallworth.
Cowboys go get one last year , TO, and viola, they're at the top of the NFC heap.

The Eagles dumped the last two home run hitters they had, who coincidentially were named Terrell Owens in '06 and Donte Stallworth in '07.
Now they struggle along at .500 and will be the next victim of the Pats this Sunday.
Little pass rush, corners playing average. Dawkins out. It will be ugly early.

I'd support a mercy rule, but there is always Frank Reich to remember.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
hill's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Northern Calif Sacramento
Posts: 736
Just remember 60 - 80% of the players are worried about their jobs and or contract. We want them to take it easy on their opponets.?
__________________
Happy Benzing
Darryl, Hill
2005 SL55 AMG Kleemanized
1984 500 SEC
1967 W113 California Coupe
[SIGPIC]
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePavao View Post
Is it their fault they are that good?
I'd have to say yes. But is it really a problem?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-19-2007, 04:16 PM
dynalow's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill View Post
Just remember 60 - 80% of the players are worried about their jobs and or contract. We want them to take it easy on their opponets.?
Just curious Darryl,

Are you orig. from the Wash. DC area?
I attended the same HS (different years) with a Darryl Hill in the late 50's. Would that have been you maybe

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page