Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 PM
sd300td's Avatar
huh?
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,116
Who has a wine cellar?

I've been wanting to pick up one of those wine cellar refrig. units that keep the hooch at a cellar temperature.

Does anyone have first hand experience with any of the models out there? Would you recommend a specific make/model?

My basic needs are 50 ish bottle capacity, stable temp, good seal, quality unit. All the pretty wood and stainless steel might be nice but not necessary for me at this point in time.

thanks in advance

__________________
1982 240 D, 308,000 - 321,127 miles (sold)
1982 300 TD,166,500 - 226,000 miles
1998 E 320, 120,000 - 144,000 miles
2005 C 230 K, 26,000 - 77,000 miles (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
We have a ~570sq.ft. room/cellar with a Breezaire WLK3000 system. No problems. Very fast “set to” and recovery times, etc.

In that room are two 54/55 bottle Silent Cellar units (I’m thinking they are CS52s or SC52s. I'll go look if needed.). Love them. No problems with either.

I hope that's what you're after.
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
SwampYankee's Avatar
New England Hick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,501
I looked at some but couldn't figure out how to get the wine boxes in them so I moved on.
__________________

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
Easy there Swamp…..

We’ve proven that when removed from said box. Those pretty silver pouches fit on the cooler shelves just fine.

Our kids call them “Jumbo Juice Bags” or “Space Wine”.
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2008, 02:46 PM
sd300td's Avatar
huh?
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVOtoGO View Post
We have a ~570sq.ft. room/cellar with a Breezaire WLK3000 system. No problems. Very fast “set to” and recovery times, etc.

In that room are two 54/55 bottle Silent Cellar units (I’m thinking they are CS52s or SC52s. I'll go look if needed.). Love them. No problems with either.

I hope that's what you're after.
YES! Thanks so much. I'll look in to the the silent cellar units...

But why have the individual units, inside an actual cellar?
__________________
1982 240 D, 308,000 - 321,127 miles (sold)
1982 300 TD,166,500 - 226,000 miles
1998 E 320, 120,000 - 144,000 miles
2005 C 230 K, 26,000 - 77,000 miles (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2008, 03:02 PM
SwampYankee's Avatar
New England Hick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVOtoGO View Post
Easy there Swamp…..

We’ve proven that when removed from said box. Those pretty silver pouches fit on the cooler shelves just fine.

Our kids call them “Jumbo Juice Bags” or “Space Wine”.
"Hey K, could you get mommy one of her special juice bags."
__________________

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
"Hey K, could you get mommy one of her special juice bags."
Oh sh-t !! Swamp's bugged our house !!
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2008, 03:36 PM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd300td View Post
YES! Thanks so much. I'll look in to the the silent cellar units...

But why have the individual units, inside an actual cellar?
Pending on your needs and location in the home…
We have an Avanti duel zone unit built into the kitchen cabinetry as well. It’s a 25-28 bottle unit that is nice for “at hand” use (Think - Small get-togethers). Duel zone is nice too. Some of us prefer a few of the reds actually chilled. (don’t tell anyone I said that)

It came as a gift from our builder. We haven’t had any issues with it over the years either.

So, I guess I can recommend Avanti as well. And, duel zone units are for sure worth looking into. You should be able to get into one for less than $500. About $700 if you must have a 50 bottle capacity.

I just called some friends of ours. They have a Euro Cave. They say they love it, too. No problems to date. But it may be bigger than you need.

As for your Q about the two units in the cellar:
The Breezaire unit is wall mounted and cools the entire room to one setting. If you have anything special, or that you want at a different temperature, you have to put it in a separate unit. CA Peju is a good example. We pull some of theirs down, just prior to parties.
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
sd300td's Avatar
huh?
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVOtoGO View Post
Pending on your needs and location in the home…
We have an Avanti duel zone unit built into the kitchen cabinetry as well. It’s a 25-28 bottle unit that is nice for “at hand” use (Think - Small get-togethers). Duel zone is nice too. Some of us prefer a few of the reds actually chilled. (don’t tell anyone I said that)

It came as a gift from our builder. We haven’t had any issues with it over the years either.

So, I guess I can recommend Avanti as well. And, duel zone units are for sure worth looking into. You should be able to get into one for less than $500. About $700 if you must have a 50 bottle capacity.

I just called some friends of ours. They have a Euro Cave. They say they love it, too. No problems to date. But it may be bigger than you need.

As for your Q about the two units in the cellar:
The Breezaire unit is wall mounted and cools the entire room to one setting. If you have anything special, or that you want at a different temperature, you have to put it in a separate unit. CA Peju is a good example. We pull some of theirs down, just prior to parties.
Your chilled red secret is safe with me...I know what you mean. We bought some Peju during our last trip to napa. If I remember correctly, Peju doesn't distribute. You've got to buy direct from the winery? Good stuff.

25-30 bottle capacity would work for the dozen or two bottles I have at any given time worthy of putting down for a few years. A 50 bottle cooler would be ideal for general storage, cellaring, consumption, etc.

Thanks again for the info.
__________________
1982 240 D, 308,000 - 321,127 miles (sold)
1982 300 TD,166,500 - 226,000 miles
1998 E 320, 120,000 - 144,000 miles
2005 C 230 K, 26,000 - 77,000 miles (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,529
Some friends of mine have a EuroCave as well. It's a large unit, about the size of full sized fridge. Forget the capacity; though that largely depends on the racking options chosen. No complaint that I've heard. They've only had it a couple of years.

I have u-line in the kitchen for handy use. Cannot recommend. It quite reliably breaks every two years. Was installed in 2003 and is currently on the third thermostat. If it stays on schedule it'll go out within the year.

- JimY

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page