Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:47 PM
BENZ-LGB's Avatar
Strong, silent type
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,663
Chinese take "ugly" girl out of the picture

Chinese officials continue with their Olympic-sized deceptions at the Olympics.

What next? The "incident" at Tiannamen Square never happened? Right?

Chinese government replaces "ugly" girl for more photogenic girl
__________________
Current Benzes

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,538
So they took the "ugly" girl out because she had crooked teeth.

That's a good lesson to teach to the girls of your country.
__________________
Paul S.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:18 PM
BENZ-LGB's Avatar
Strong, silent type
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by suginami View Post
So they took the "ugly" girl out because she had crooked teeth.

That's a good lesson to teach to the girls of your country.
I know. I think it would have been a better thing to do to leave the original singer in place. That girl will go for the rest of her life knowing that she was taken out because she was the "ugly" one.

BTW, I am not singling out the Chinese on this. We are one of the most beauty-obsessed countries in the world.

My point was to show how powerful their central government is and how far those powers extend.
__________________
Current Benzes

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Carleton Hughes's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,611
This whole Olympics is all smoke and mirrors,a massive confidence trick by Fu Manchu.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Reno/Sparks, NV
Posts: 3,063
So what? Anyone remember Milli Vanilli? Great music IMO and that's all that matters.
__________________
2004 VW Jetta TDI (manual)

Past MB's: '96 E300D, '83 240D, '82 300D, '87 300D, '87 420SEL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZ-LGB View Post
My point was to show how powerful their central government is and how far those powers extend.
Did anybody have any previous doubts about this?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:27 PM
diametricalbenz's Avatar
The Crowbar of Embriage
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZ-LGB View Post
BTW, I am not singling out the Chinese on this. We are one of the most beauty-obsessed countries in the world.
Oh Hollywood.....you're one mean bit..
__________________
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins 12V 4(A) 4.10 - 163K - For Sale
1974 240D 3.0L 4(M) - 250K -OM617.910 + 300D FW + Rajay turbo power!
1977 6.9 3(A) - 84k
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Gurkha's Avatar
Satyameva Jayate Ad vitam
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Boondocks
Posts: 1,026
If you go by the number of surgeries taking place here in US, it seems ugly has no place on earth today.
__________________
99 Gurkha with OM616 IDI turbo

2015 Gurkha with OM616 DI turbo

2014 Rexton W with OM612 VGT
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 AM
ForcedInduction
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
What do you expect from a country that gives government-forged passports to 12-14 year old girls so they can appear 16 to compete in gymnastics?

I doubt this is the last controversy we'll hear about. I have a feeling there will be accusations/investigations into how so many swimming world records were easily broken. USA broke the 4x200 world record by 4 seconds and beat the nearest opponent by 8.5 seconds! No way they are "just that good".
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-13-2008, 05:35 AM
LUVMBDiesels's Avatar
Dead on balls accurate...
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Red Lion,Pa
Posts: 2,207
How dare any of you cast doubts upon the People's Republic. You are all now banned from watching the Olympics!

China is a great nation and putting its best face forward is the right of any great nation. As for that so called incident 20 years ago, that was perpetrated by Japanese agents with CIA backing. Nobody has to protest in China as it is a true People's Republic not like the fascistic, imperialistic,running dog lackey, insect that preys on the life of the people USA!
--- yeah, right

Also this is not China's fault, it is W's...


Just beating the lefties to the punchline.
__________________
"I have no convictions ... I blow with the wind, and the prevailing wind happens to be from Vichy"

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf 86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW
'92 Subaru
'96 Impala SS
'71 Buick GS conv
'67 GTO conv
'63 Corvair conv
'57 Nomad
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Gurkha's Avatar
Satyameva Jayate Ad vitam
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Boondocks
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
What do you expect from a country that gives government-forged passports to 12-14 year old girls so they can appear 16 to compete in gymnastics?

I doubt this is the last controversy we'll hear about. I have a feeling there will be accusations/investigations into how so many swimming world records were easily broken. USA broke the 4x200 world record by 4 seconds and beat the nearest opponent by 8.5 seconds! No way they are "just that good".

The controversies won't come now, it will come after they retire and write their autobiographies.
__________________
99 Gurkha with OM616 IDI turbo

2015 Gurkha with OM616 DI turbo

2014 Rexton W with OM612 VGT
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM
BENZ-LGB's Avatar
Strong, silent type
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
If you go by the number of surgeries taking place here in US, it seems ugly has no place on earth today.
It looks like with increased wealth, Inidia may soon overtake the U.S. in hte number of plastic surgeries.

Ugly people everywhere want to look beautiful.


Once-taboo cosmetic surgery on rise in India
__________________
Current Benzes

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
BENZ-LGB's Avatar
Strong, silent type
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMBDiesels View Post
How dare any of you cast doubts upon the People's Republic. You are all now banned from watching the Olympics!

China is a great nation and putting its best face forward is the right of any great nation. As for that so called incident 20 years ago, that was perpetrated by Japanese agents with CIA backing. Nobody has to protest in China as it is a true People's Republic not like the fascistic, imperialistic,running dog lackey, insect that preys on the life of the people USA!
--- yeah, right

Also this is not China's fault, it is W's...


Just beating the lefties to the punchline.
You took the words right out of my mouth!!!
__________________
Current Benzes

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Gurkha's Avatar
Satyameva Jayate Ad vitam
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Boondocks
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZ-LGB View Post
It looks like with increased wealth, Inidia may soon overtake the U.S. in hte number of plastic surgeries.

Ugly people everywhere want to look beautiful.


Once-taboo cosmetic surgery on rise in India
Its on the rise but will never catch up with the US, heck.......we won't even come close to the South Americans for whom its an obsession of sorts, even among the rich its a novelty and still frowned upon. Cosmetic surgery was never taboo, in fact there are accounts of the first rhinoplasty being done in ancient India around 600BC. http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/ijps/vol3n2/rhino.xml
__________________
99 Gurkha with OM616 IDI turbo

2015 Gurkha with OM616 DI turbo

2014 Rexton W with OM612 VGT
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZ-LGB View Post
I know. I think it would have been a better thing to do to leave the original singer in place. That girl will go for the rest of her life knowing that she was taken out because she was the "ugly" one.

BTW, I am not singling out the Chinese on this. We are one of the most beauty-obsessed countries in the world.

My point was to show how powerful their central government is and how far those powers extend.
They don't care. They have enough people where if the girl were to die or disappear, it won't even be missed.

And because we and the rest of the world is beauty obsessed, the Chinese try to deliver.

Their govt and that form of govt owns you lock, stock and barrel. Not much of a surprise really.
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page