Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-25-2010, 03:12 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
I Wonder If John "Cougar" Mellencamp Thought About These Small Towns

Top 50 "Most Expensive Small Towns

Across the states, expensive towns generally shared access to both urban centers and outdoor areas, such as beaches, parks, and mountains, and emphasized preserving the residential character of the area. What is most revealing is that with few exceptions, the most expensive small towns are clustered along the coastline. If you’re looking for lower prices, move inland.


New York, California, Washington and Florida . . . great looking properties.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,784
#26. Saddle River, NJ. An average of almost a million six-to live in New Jersey. I don't get that
__________________
Anyone who thinks a 300D is fast drives too slow.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 360,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 28,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
That's not the only Garden State township to get on the list either.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Craig
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Take a look at the median house prices for these locations and compare them with the median incomes; what's wrong with that picture?

My guess is that many of these people are retired, with relatively low incomes compared to their standard of living.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beautiful Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Take a look at the median house prices for these locations and compare them with the median incomes; what's wrong with that picture?

My guess is that many of these people are retired, with relatively low incomes compared to their standard of living.
Or it could be this, as stated in the article-
"In Sagaponack, as in many other resort communities, wealthy residents who own second homes there file taxes elsewhere, so the income level doesn’t accurately reflect the average net worth of homeowners."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beautiful Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
#26. Saddle River, NJ. An average of almost a million six-to live in New Jersey. I don't get that
New Jersey has some very nice real estate to offset the oil refineries and decrepit, deserted factory buildings.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Craig
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas H View Post
Or it could be this, as stated in the article-
"In Sagaponack, as in many other resort communities, wealthy residents who own second homes there file taxes elsewhere, so the income level doesn’t accurately reflect the average net worth of homeowners."
That makes sense for NY state, who would want to have their tax address there?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beautiful Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
That makes sense for NY state, who would want to have their tax address there?
Ya got me. That's what the article said. I live near some very nice parts of NJ; but the real estate taxes are brutal.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page