Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
Woman says outfit got her booted from JetBlue flight

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/22/7143072-woman-says-outfit-got-her-booted-from-jetblue-flight
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,093
Shouldn't the scarelines be happy to have people flying nekkid? After all, that means fewer places to conceal a bomb.

Me - I don't do JetBlue. That would mean trekking out to the hellhole that's JFK for a domestic flight. Whereas it's a 15 min cab ride to LaGuardia and generally only a short TSA line there, since everyone hates LGA for some stupid reason.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
Shouldn't the scarelines be happy to have people flying nekkid? After all, that means fewer places to conceal a bomb.

Me - I don't do JetBlue. That would mean trekking out to the hellhole that's JFK for a domestic flight. Whereas it's a 15 min cab ride to LaGuardia and generally only a short TSA line there, since everyone hates LGA for some stupid reason.
you may be onto something with the flying naked idea. TSA should ban clothing on all flights immediately; safety first!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
you may be onto something with the flying naked idea. TSA should ban clothing on all flights immediately; safety first!
Ummm, no! 90% of all my airline travel is either 4:00 AM flights or after midnight. It's bad enough seeing those people at 4:00 AM clothed. The thought of seeing them naked would drive me to taking the bus.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Maybe it will be third time lucky for this guy:

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/07/25/thomas-sawyer-cancer-survivor-gets-soaked-by-his-own-urine-aga/
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
doesn't this make you want to fly with a handicapped friend or family member?

A friend of mine recently flew and unfortunately was unable to get his TSA appoved locks to work properly therefore his luggage traveled unlocked. He attended a business convention and upon arriving home found that several items from his luggage were MISSING.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 AM
dynalow's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
doesn't this make you want to fly with a handicapped friend or family member?

A friend of mine recently flew and unfortunately was unable to get his TSA appoved locks to work properly therefore his luggage traveled unlocked. He attended a business convention and upon arriving home found that several items from his luggage were MISSING.
I got home to Philly from Houston a few years back and when I opened my (checked unlocked) luggage, there was a greeting card in it from TSA.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynalow View Post
I got home to Philly from Houston a few years back and when I opened my (checked unlocked) luggage, there was a greeting card in it from TSA.
here is some inexpensive advice; never travel with any items of any value whatsoever, i.e., cameras, jewelery, etc. I have personal knowledge of people who have experienced theft of valuables both pre and post 9/11. Pack a disposable camera and tell your wife to leave her jewelry at home. They used to have a notice on the boarding pass that says they are liable for like $50 or some absurd amount which means if your $1500 camera is ripped off you are SOL.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
here is some inexpensive advice; never travel with any items of any value whatsoever, i.e., cameras, jewelery, etc. I have personal knowledge of people who have experienced theft of valuables both pre and post 9/11. Pack a disposable camera and tell your wife to leave her jewelry at home. They used to have a notice on the boarding pass that says they are liable for like $50 or some absurd amount which means if your $1500 camera is ripped off you are SOL.
And pack some items with sharp edges but no value into the checked luggage for craps and giggles. Making a thief bleed like a stuck pig would serve them right.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Stretch's Avatar
...like a shield of steel
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Netherlands
Posts: 14,453
These so called low cost airlines just aren't cheap enough for me any more. I'd rather pay a little extra and get treated like a dead pig...
__________________
1992 W201 190E 1.8 171,000 km - Daily driver
1981 W123 300D ~ 100,000 miles / 160,000 km - project car stripped to the bone
1965 Land Rover Series 2a Station Wagon CIS recovery therapy!
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior



Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
These so called low cost airlines just aren't cheap enough for me any more. I'd rather pay a little extra and get treated like a dead pig...
Add to the point that most of the low-cost airlines don't fly from the nearby airports in US East Coast cities, and you spend money and time trekking out to the outlying airport

Same goes for UK, actually. LHR and LCY have tube service. Stanstead, home of Charv^H^H^H^H^H RyanAir does not...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Stretch's Avatar
...like a shield of steel
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Netherlands
Posts: 14,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
Add to the point that most of the low-cost airlines don't fly from the nearby airports in US East Coast cities, and you spend money and time trekking out to the outlying airport

Same goes for UK, actually. LHR and LCY have tube service. Stanstead, home of Charv^H^H^H^H^H RyanAir does not...
No matter what anyone says Stanstead is a field in Cambridgeshire - no where near London. Craprow is bad enough with the most expensive shuttle link from airport to city in the world... (And I don't normally call it Craprow - I use another word beginning with C...

stupid stupid stupid airport with the worst sign system ever conceived...


rant! rant! rant! shoot the f*^*&&^*&^*&^g lot of 'em)
__________________
1992 W201 190E 1.8 171,000 km - Daily driver
1981 W123 300D ~ 100,000 miles / 160,000 km - project car stripped to the bone
1965 Land Rover Series 2a Station Wagon CIS recovery therapy!
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior



Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!

Last edited by Stretch; 07-26-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Can't spell Stanstead!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
They used to have a notice on the boarding pass that says they are liable for like $50 or some absurd amount which means if your $1500 camera is ripped off you are SOL.
So they declare their own liability low so they can steal expensive stuff. Good idea.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
So they declare their own liability low so they can steal expensive stuff. Good idea.
My friend lost a lot of expensive items while flying into St. Louis on TWA pre 9/11. His baggage came onto the baggage turnstill with the locks BROKEN. Nowadays, you must use TSA approved locks which means your baggage can be opened and searched without your supervision.

It works like this:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Travel/story?id=7224333&page=1
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
And pack some items with sharp edges but no value into the checked luggage for craps and giggles. Making a thief bleed like a stuck pig would serve them right.

No, see it is perfectly OK for them to steal a Rolex watch out of your luggage, but if you place something sharp in your luggage and they get cut and bleed, they will charge you with domestic terrorism. The door only swings one way, get it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page