Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Target? Really?

Yesterday I went to Target to pick up the new Amazon Kindle Fire. The demo wasn't working. Never mind I say, I'll get it anyway. Then I wanna buy the Amazon branded Kindle cover that was hanging right above the Kindle Fire. There was no display model. I ask to see a display model, nope, don't have one. I ask the guy if I could open this one to see if it would fit. The idiot gets the manager. Manager tells me nope, can't, but it looks like the one on the picture of the box. REALLY? NO *****! Anyway, I buy the damn thing and it so happens that it has these hooks that hook on to the side of the old kindles that the new Kindle doesn't have.

Damn, bring it back, rant about wasting my time, ruining a box, and wasting their time. What do I get? "Sorry, can't help you. It's beyond our control."

Seriously, treat your customer like an idiot and then don't take their suggestion into consideration?

FU Target. You need a display model. What a waste of time.

__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Pavka007's Avatar
Alba Gu Brąth
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Here, there...
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
Yesterday I went to Target to pick up the new Amazon Kindle Fire. The demo wasn't working. Never mind I say, I'll get it anyway. Then I wanna buy the Amazon branded Kindle cover that was hanging right above the Kindle Fire. There was no display model. I ask to see a display model, nope, don't have one. I ask the guy if I could open this one to see if it would fit. The idiot gets the manager. Manager tells me nope, can't, but it looks like the one on the picture of the box. REALLY? NO *****! Anyway, I buy the damn thing and it so happens that it has these hooks that hook on to the side of the old kindles that the new Kindle doesn't have.

Damn, bring it back, rant about wasting my time, ruining a box, and wasting their time. What do I get? "Sorry, can't help you. It's beyond our control."

Seriously, treat your customer like an idiot and then don't take their suggestion into consideration?

FU Target. You need a display model. What a waste of time.
Forget about Target, tell us about the Kindle? Is it any good?
__________________
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...7/scotflag.gif http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v.../scot2flag.gif

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?"
Billy Connolly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
lutzTD's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lutz, Florida (N of Tampa)
Posts: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavka007 View Post
Forget about Target, tell us about the Kindle? Is it any good?

ditto, Target pays there people nothing, they dont really care, even better wait till Xmas, then they pay them nothing and give them even less training
__________________

1982 300CD Turbo (Otis, "ups & downs") parts for sale
2003 TJ with Hemi (to go anywhere, quickly) sold
2001 Excursion Powerstroke (to go dependably)
1970 Mustang 428SCJ (to go fast)
1962 Corvette LS1 (to go in style)
2001 Schwinn Grape Krate 10spd (if all else fails)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavka007 View Post
Forget about Target, tell us about the Kindle? Is it any good?
Not bad so far. I'm extremely impressed with the screen. It comes with a free month of Amazon prime. It has a mini USB port which I haven't used yet and right now the kid's being using it to play fruit ninja. It also has the Apple like expand with the fingers thing which I like.

The touchscreen seems a bit lagged at times but I don't know if that's more because of the OS conserving power or not but it's fine once whatever app is loaded gets going.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,500
Kindle Fire passes all Web traffic through Amazon's servers. MAJOR privacy concerns, plus risk of it not working if Amazon's servers go down (happens all the time with RIM/Blackberry). Apple or Android for me, k'thx, though I suppose competition is good.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2011, 05:41 PM
elchivito's Avatar
”Ay Jodido!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rancho Disparates
Posts: 4,075
Whatever machine you choose, Amazon Prime is a HUGE money saver if you buy lots from AMZN, and I do. The free videos are just icing on the cake.
__________________
You're a daisy if you do.
__________________________________
84 Euro 240D 4spd. 220.5k sold
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Whatever machine you choose, Amazon Prime is a HUGE money saver if you buy lots from AMZN, and I do. The free videos are just icing on the cake.
You can also get it for free for a month at least once (around the holidays) and then cancel the account. Repeat with different names in same household as needed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 PM
hill's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Northern Calif Sacramento
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
You can also get it for free for a month at least once (around the holidays) and then cancel the account. Repeat with different names in same household as needed.
I hope the above is tongue in cheek.
__________________
Happy Benzing
Darryl, Hill
2005 SL55 AMG Kleemanized
1984 500 SEC
1967 W113 California Coupe
[SIGPIC]
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill View Post
I hope the above is tongue in cheek.
Why? Every user is allowed a month (I believe) of free Prime usage as a trial. Unless they specifically restrict users from the same household, you're not doing anything illegal or unethical. Bottom-feeding isn't a crime.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
JiveTurkey's Avatar
Nicht verantwortlich
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 911
I worked seasonal at a target once. (T700 in Arizona) I arrived there at 2pm, and was on the closing crew, so I didn't leave until the store looked presentable again. This usually happened at about three am in the Christmas season. And I had organic chemistry at 7:10 in the morning. That was back when minimum wage was a lot less than what it is now.

I will emphatically join you in chorusing "**** you target."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
Seriously, treat your customer like an idiot and then don't take their suggestion into consideration?

FU Target. You need a display model. What a waste of time.
The model is identical at nearly every single retailer that I have encountered.

JC Penney, a favorite retailer of mine, refuses to stock the required sizes that actually fit a tall man. Sending them a scathing e-mail resulted in a form letter response.

Another retailer of "toys" offered a 50% discount on the next purchase. Peruse their website and select one.............no discount. Chastise them and request that they remove me from their mailing list............that's exactly what they do, with no apology.

A third retailer offers free shipping. Go to the website...........no free shipping. Call the phone and they will give me free shipping. Excellent. A pack of 50 throw away brushes. "Do you want the extended warranty with that"? "Excuse me..........they are throw away brushes"!! "Well, I'm obligated to ask you if you want an extended warranty with that"? "Are you completely stupid............do you understand that these are throw away brushes?

"Are you going to continue to be condescending to me?"

"Probably............if you continue to be stupid"

"I'm going to terminate the call"

"Go ahead..........you are the one who wants to sell me the brushes............HD offers similar............I'll just buy it there."


She hangs up.............

No sale for them.




These retailers cater to the morons of society. If you are a step above moron level, they don't want your business.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
The model is identical at nearly every single retailer that I have encountered.

JC Penney, a favorite retailer of mine, refuses to stock the required sizes that actually fit a tall man. Sending them a scathing e-mail resulted in a form letter response.
Really? The retailers I encounter refuse to stock the sizes that fit a short man. I haven't tried scathing email. Maybe I will.
Quote:
A third retailer offers free shipping. Go to the website...........no free shipping. Call the phone and they will give me free shipping. Excellent. A pack of 50 throw away brushes. "Do you want the extended warranty with that"? "Excuse me..........they are throw away brushes"!! "Well, I'm obligated to ask you if you want an extended warranty with that"? "Are you completely stupid............do you understand that these are throw away brushes?

"Are you going to continue to be condescending to me?"

"Probably............if you continue to be stupid"

"I'm going to terminate the call"

"Go ahead..........you are the one who wants to sell me the brushes............HD offers similar............I'll just buy it there."


She hangs up.............

No sale for them.
Please tell me you made that up and that that conversation didn't actually happen.

Quote:
These retailers cater to the morons of society. If you are a step above moron level, they don't want your business.
So where are intelligent humans supposed to shop?
__________________
Whoever said there's nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes never had a cheap Jaguar.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 367,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 30,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
88 Jaguar XJS V12 93,xxx miles. I should be in the garage now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Rahulio1989300E's Avatar
V10s & V8s FTW!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
So where are intelligent humans supposed to shop?
Buy what you can online.
__________________
2006 BMW M5 "Heidi" @ 96,000 miles
2005 MBZ C55 AMG "Lorelai" @ 120,000 miles
1990 MBZ 500SL "Shoshanna" @ 118,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Really? The retailers I encounter refuse to stock the sizes that fit a short man. I haven't tried scathing email. Maybe I will.

The point is that they are catering to the middle of the market............the fringe is not worth the trouble. Your scathing e-mail won't accomplish anything...........as mine did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Please tell me you made that up and that that conversation didn't actually happen.
Totally serious...........it happened as I wrote it.............although there might have been a few more exchanges prior to her terminating the call.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
So where are intelligent humans supposed to shop?
You tell me............
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-18-2011, 03:26 AM
padrino's Avatar
Un Italiano vero
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
The model is identical at nearly every single retailer that I have encountered........

These retailers cater to the morons of society. If you are a step above moron level, they don't want your business.
So..the only question I have is are you still shopping with them? Reading your post it looks like you are trying to do so.

__________________
Vivere senza rimpianti



Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page