Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,705
Knock, Knock, Mr. President? Anyone Home? Hello....

The president missed submitting his budget on the due date which is the first Monday in February. Why am I not surprised?

Sure would be nice to see some Presidential leadership. With the economy being such a bad issue for him, it is no surprise that he is only talking about things like gun control and whether or not to let his son play football. I guess he would rather his daughters serve in combat than his son play football.

__________________
2 Thessalonians 3:10, Galatians 4:16
  #2  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
mgburg's Avatar
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Onalaska, WI.
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
The president missed submitting his budget on the due date which is the first Monday in February. Why am I not surprised?

Sure would be nice to see some Presidential leadership. With the economy being such a bad issue for him, it is no surprise that he is only talking about things like gun control and whether or not to let his son play football. I guess he would rather his daughters serve in combat than his son play football.
Ah, Larry? Son? Maybe you know something I don't, but doesn't the Great, All-Knowing, Omnipotent One have just two daughters (Malia & Sasha) and no sons?

Has he just gone "Kennedy" or something???

Or, am I missing something here? (JK!)
__________________
.

.
M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

.
“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~
  #3  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgburg View Post
Ah, Larry? Son? Maybe you know something I don't, but doesn't the Great, All-Knowing, Omnipotent One have just two daughters (Malia & Sasha) and no sons?

Has he just gone "Kennedy" or something???

Or, am I missing something here? (JK!)
You are correct! He said last week though that if he had a son, he would not want him to play football. He is perfectly good with women in combat, but does not want guys to play football. He backed out of this statement in his softball interview before the game last night.
__________________
2 Thessalonians 3:10, Galatians 4:16
  #4  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
What's the penalty for turning it in late, like on February 13th . . .
  #5  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 PM
mgburg's Avatar
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Onalaska, WI.
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
You are correct! He said last week though that if he had a son, he would not want him to play football. He is perfectly good with women in combat, but does not want guys to play football. He backed out of this statement in his softball interview before the game last night.
I'm beginning to wonder of POTUS really means "Pu55y Of The United States" as opposed to what it should be...
__________________
.

.
M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

.
“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~
  #6  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
What's the penalty for turning it in late, like on February 13th . . .
The penalty is showing that you do not have enough character or work ethic to meet your deadlines.
__________________
2 Thessalonians 3:10, Galatians 4:16
  #7  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
mgburg's Avatar
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Onalaska, WI.
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
What's the penalty for turning it in late, like on February 13th . . .
On a full-moon lit evening, you turn into Harry Reid, with all the assorted baggage and whatnot...
__________________
.

.
M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

.
“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~
  #8  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
So . . . it's really just a reputation thing, you're saying.
  #9  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
What's the penalty for turning it in late, like on February 13th . . .
Enhanced erosion of the respect for the rule of law.
  #10  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 41,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
What's the penalty for turning it in late, like on February 13th . . .
April 1 would be more appropriate.
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
  #11  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
April 1 would be more appropriate.
__________________
2 Thessalonians 3:10, Galatians 4:16
  #12  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Pooka
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 664
Last December 21 the Office of Management and Budget issued a statement that the Budget would not be out until March at the earliest.

Until the House decided what to do about the sequestration issue, and until the House made a decision on raising the debt limit, it was impossible for the different Federal agencies to turn in their budget projections.

As those of us that are paying attention might recall: The House is controlled by Republicans who have stated that their number one goal is to make the President fail.

Looks like they are off to a good start!
  #13  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 PM
greazzer's Avatar
dieselfuelinjector.guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 2021 - The Great Florida Count-down
Posts: 5,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
The president missed submitting his budget on the due date which is the first Monday in February. Why am I not surprised?

Sure would be nice to see some Presidential leadership. With the economy being such a bad issue for him, it is no surprise that he is only talking about things like gun control and whether or not to let his son play football. I guess he would rather his daughters serve in combat than his son play football.
You have totally lost it. He already said these 2 gems:

1. The world is a dangerous and complicated place; and
2. We need to increase revenues (more taxes) and decrease the deficit.

He just summed up the last 4+ years of super leadership. What else can you expect from such a leader ?
  #14  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 41,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Last December 21 the Office of Management and Budget issued a statement that the Budget would not be out until March at the earliest.

Until the House decided what to do about the sequestration issue, and until the House made a decision on raising the debt limit, it was impossible for the different Federal agencies to turn in their budget projections.

As those of us that are paying attention might recall: The House is controlled by Republicans who have stated that their number one goal is to make the President fail.

Looks like they are off to a good start!
I'm betting on April 1st for all concerned.

Buncha fooking fools.
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
  #15  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Jim B.'s Avatar
Who's flying this thing ?
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: N. California./ N. Nevada
Posts: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
The president missed submitting his budget on the due date which is the first Monday in February. Why am I not surprised?

Sure would be nice to see some Presidential leadership. With the economy being such a bad issue for him, it is no surprise that he is only talking about things like gun control and whether or not to let his son play football. I guess he would rather his daughters serve in combat than his son play football.

"The only thing I see as a downside is the women in combat issue. Women may be fierce -- that comes with motherhood -- but they are also much more gentle, compassionate and peaceful than men. They've been the underdogs in the world for tens of thousands of years and they know first hand all about what brutality and ruthlessness does to you. To see any woman eager to sign up to be turned into a killing machine means another good heart lost, another woman-turned-man, another human whose lessons on her ignorance of the futility of war and the effectiveness of love is going to be learned only after immense suffering and loss. Just ask any honest male vet. The stats on mental illness and suicide for returning vets will give you pause. We humans are not designed to slaughter other humans. When we go against our soul in that way, it takes a lifetime to heal, if we ever do".



online reader ("zoe13") comment - SF Chronicle, 1/31/13

__________________
1991 560 SEC AMG, 199k <---- 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV ...

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page