Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Jorn's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TheFlyingDutchManInHollywood
Posts: 5,516
Israel an apartheid state.

I've said it for a long time that the only way for Israel to survive as a Jewish state is to become a 21st century apartheid state. And here we go, it's official now. Israel was one of the few states that kept on supporting South Africa, sharing technology, intelligence and giving military support, when it was still rulled by the white minority.

"Israeli Bus Company Introducing ‘Palestinian Only’ Buses".

Interesting to see that "racist" states always show their true face at the bus stop and public restrooms.

__________________
Black on Black 1979 300CD (sold), 1990 Black 300SE, Silver 1989 Volvo 780, 1988 300CE

Last edited by Jorn; 03-03-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,895
Transportation Ministry officials are not officially calling them segregated buses, but rather bus lines intended to relieve the distress of the Palestinian workers.

Classic....We're doing this for your benefit...

Maybe they could consider tattooing the workers information on their arms so they can't lose their papers.... ya know, as long as they are being helpful...
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
Transportation Ministry officials are not officially calling them segregated buses, but rather bus lines intended to relieve the distress of the Palestinian workers.

Classic....We're doing this for your benefit...

Maybe they could consider tattooing the workers information on their arms so they can't lose their papers.... ya know, as long as they are being helpful...
It's easy to criticize their behavior.

However, look at their history and look at the people who absolutely, without qualification, want them wiped off the map, and you might get some sense about how they view the Palestinians.

I don't condone their behavior, but I fully understand it and why they must do it. Any mistake on their part and they suffer loss of life(s).

Such a country must take extraordinary measures due to the significant number of nations and populace that want them gone.

BTW, when the towers fell, the Israelis wept while the Palestinians cheered in the streets.

Which side would you support?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
It's easy to criticize their behavior.

However, look at their history and look at the people who absolutely, without qualification, want them wiped off the map, and you might get some sense about how they view the Palestinians.

I don't condone their behavior, but I fully understand it and why they must do it. Any mistake on their part and they suffer loss of life(s).

Such a country must take extraordinary measures due to the significant number of nations and populace that want them gone.

BTW, when the towers fell, the Israelis wept while the Palestinians cheered in the streets.

Which side would you support?
I would rather not support either, especially with weapons.
Rather see the money our country pisses away arming the world being used to feed and take care of our own.... but I digress.

They have valid reasons, of that I am sure, but it is hard not to raise an eyebrow at the methods so recently deployed against their people being used by them.
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
I would rather not support either, especially with weapons.
Rather see the money our country pisses away arming the world being used to feed and take care of our own.... but I digress.
Ding-ding-ding. Selling either side weapons is like giving 2 year olds matches as a birthday present.

For the Palestinians' own good? Work makes free, right?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 40,723
Helping create a state built on a policy of religious preference was a stupid idea that we've been paying for ever since. What were we thinking?
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Its to keep bombers off the buses.
__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Helping create a state built on a policy of religious preference was a stupid idea that we've been paying for ever since. What were we thinking?
Bingo.
__________________
'83 SD, 2x '85 SD
You are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Helping create a state built on a policy of religious preference was a stupid idea that we've been paying for ever since. What were we thinking?
Guilt for not (at least) allowing most displaced Jews to immigrate to our country in the 1930s and early 40s? How about for turning a blind eye and doing business with Hitler pre-1941?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 40,723
The majority of the intelligentsia and political elite in the United States believed an awful lot of what brought Nazism to Germany. Not least of which was a belief in racial superiority, what we now view as an unwholesome belief. As a nation, we believed in eugenics -- essentially selective breeding to improve society. You discourage or prevent inferior people from reproducing and reward superior people for reproducing. Many, if not most states had eugenics laws to allow forced sterilization of the mentally incompetent, for example. This is exactly in keeping with Nazi philosophy.

Nazis also believed that the State was more important than the individual. Individual rights were a subversive, delusional state of primitive man. We are here to advance the interest of the state.

On these two points, the state can justify any sort of selective oppression of a people or belief or competing political party.

By submitting to the state one is guaranteed employment and a secure place in society. Thus, the state justifies projects that employ the unemployed -- the nation owes it to the loyal people.

Socialism is a worthy goal of people who believe that man will rule rationally. For people who believe that man is fundamentally irrational, socialism is a threat.
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
The majority of the intelligentsia and political elite in the United States believed an awful lot of what brought Nazism to Germany. Not least of which was a belief in racial superiority, what we now view as an unwholesome belief. As a nation, we believed in eugenics -- essentially selective breeding to improve society. You discourage or prevent inferior people from reproducing and reward superior people for reproducing. Many, if not most states had eugenics laws to allow forced sterilization of the mentally incompetent, for example. This is exactly in keeping with Nazi philosophy.
Yep, correct.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
The majority of the intelligentsia and political elite in the United States believed an awful lot of what brought Nazism to Germany. Not least of which was a belief in racial superiority, what we now view as an unwholesome belief. As a nation, we believed in eugenics -- essentially selective breeding to improve society. You discourage or prevent inferior people from reproducing and reward superior people for reproducing. Many, if not most states had eugenics laws to allow forced sterilization of the mentally incompetent, for example. This is exactly in keeping with Nazi philosophy.

Nazis also believed that the State was more important than the individual. Individual rights were a subversive, delusional state of primitive man. We are here to advance the interest of the state.

On these two points, the state can justify any sort of selective oppression of a people or belief or competing political party.

By submitting to the state one is guaranteed employment and a secure place in society. Thus, the state justifies projects that employ the unemployed -- the nation owes it to the loyal people.

Socialism is a worthy goal of people who believe that man will rule rationally. For people who believe that man is fundamentally irrational, socialism is a threat.
This reminds me of an interesting anime I'm watching.

In this future society they are very concerned about removing potential deviants from society. They blame certain elements for the collapse of the "ancient" world, think 2k years after a nuclear war that ends modern society.

But how do you determine who is valuable to the state and society and who isn't? You can't do it at birth, well they took eugenics an abortion to a whole new level. In there society your abortable until your 17. So that way only the cream of the crop makes it to adulthood to contribute to society.
__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
This reminds me of an interesting anime I'm watching.

In this future society they are very concerned about removing potential deviants from society. They blame certain elements for the collapse of the "ancient" world, think 2k years after a nuclear war that ends modern society.

But how do you determine who is valuable to the state and society and who isn't? You can't do it at birth, well they took eugenics an abortion to a whole new level. In there society your abortable until your 17. So that way only the cream of the crop makes it to adulthood to contribute to society.
Home brewers are extremely valuable to the state and should be showered with gifts...
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Jorn's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TheFlyingDutchManInHollywood
Posts: 5,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
The majority of the intelligentsia and political elite in the United States believed an awful lot of what brought Nazism to Germany. Not least of which was a belief in racial superiority, what we now view as an unwholesome belief. As a nation, we believed in eugenics -- essentially selective breeding to improve society. You discourage or prevent inferior people from reproducing and reward superior people for reproducing. Many, if not most states had eugenics laws to allow forced sterilization of the mentally incompetent, for example. This is exactly in keeping with Nazi philosophy.

Nazis also believed that the State was more important than the individual. Individual rights were a subversive, delusional state of primitive man. We are here to advance the interest of the state.

On these two points, the state can justify any sort of selective oppression of a people or belief or competing political party.

By submitting to the state one is guaranteed employment and a secure place in society. Thus, the state justifies projects that employ the unemployed -- the nation owes it to the loyal people.

Socialism is a worthy goal of people who believe that man will rule rationally. For people who believe that man is fundamentally irrational, socialism is a threat.
In Canada and Australia this happened 'till the seventies; sterilization of aboriginal women. Same thing, just more stealth.
__________________
Black on Black 1979 300CD (sold), 1990 Black 300SE, Silver 1989 Volvo 780, 1988 300CE
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Diesel911's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Beach,CA
Posts: 32,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
It's easy to criticize their behavior.

However, look at their history and look at the people who absolutely, without qualification, want them wiped off the map, and you might get some sense about how they view the Palestinians.

I don't condone their behavior, but I fully understand it and why they must do it. Any mistake on their part and they suffer loss of life(s).

Such a country must take extraordinary measures due to the significant number of nations and populace that want them gone.

BTW, when the towers fell, the Israelis wept while the Palestinians cheered in the streets.

Which side would you support?
And, danced!

__________________
84 300D, 82 Volvo 244Gl Diesel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page