Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM
jplinville's Avatar
Conservative
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dayton, Ohio region
Posts: 302
I never heard of human season...

Legal Expert Dianne Feinstein: It Should be Illegal to 'Hunt Humans' | Independent Journal Review

Quote:
The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”


__________________
1987 560SL
85,000 miles




Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,396
Predicted by a certain august professor of mathematics at Hahhhh-vahd 50 years ago:
Tom Lehrer- The Hunting Song - YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
US Gun Owning Households on 4 Decade Decline

The rate has dropped in cities large and small, in suburbs and rural areas and in all regions of the country. It has fallen among households with children, and among those without. It has declined for households that say they are very happy, and for those that say they are not. It is down among churchgoers and those who never sit in pews.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 PM
jplinville's Avatar
Conservative
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dayton, Ohio region
Posts: 302
I highly doubt the survey...especially with the sheer number of guns owned in the nation increasing. I have a feeling people weren't truthful for fear that names would be published. Nothing more than a political posture story...
__________________
1987 560SL
85,000 miles




Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
I highly doubt the survey...especially with the sheer number of guns owned in the nation increasing. I have a feeling people weren't truthful for fear that names would be published. Nothing more than a political posture story...
Could be guns are like money.
Some people have a lot more now than they did years ago...
Everyone else has less.
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
Could be guns are like money.
Nope.

Some people post a thread every day about guns.

They never post anything about money.

Now, why would that be?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
layback40's Avatar
Not Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Victoria Australia - down under!!
Posts: 4,023
Quote:
The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”



I guess the crazies that wish to do this sort of hunting will have to join the military or the police !!

The brave bystander will need to have a good sized magazine or be a very good shot under less than ideal conditions or they will become a target for the next 150. The PD are seldom there when the initial carnage occurs.


MTI

The rate has dropped in cities large and small, in suburbs and rural areas and in all regions of the country. It has fallen among households with children, and among those without. It has declined for households that say they are very happy, and for those that say they are not. It is down among churchgoers and those who never sit in pews.

Best you go & read "How to Lie with Statistics"
__________________
Grumpy Old Diesel Owners Club group

I no longer question authority, I annoy authority. More effect, less effort....

1967 230-6 auto parts car. rust bucket.
1980 300D now parts car 800k miles
1984 300D 500k miles
1987 250td 160k miles English import
2001 jeep turbo diesel 130k miles
1998 jeep tdi ~ followed me home. Needs a turbo.
1968 Ford F750 truck. 6-354 diesel conversion.
Other toys ~J.D.,Cat & GM ~ mainly earth moving
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
Nope.

Some people post a thread every day about guns.

They never post anything about money.

Now, why would that be?
I post about money quite frequently. Gun collecting is generally a waste of it unless you know 100% what you're doing. The thieves that are robbing this country blind (Counterfeiter Ben and friends) don't need guns to do their robbing, and the best way to defend against their thievery is to own hard assets. Guns: it's hard to rent 'em, can't live in them, can't eat 'em, can't use them to power stuff, and most ways of making money with them are illegal or at least unethical.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
Guns: it's hard to rent 'em, can't live in them, can't eat 'em, can't use them to power stuff, and most ways of making money with them are illegal or at least unethical.
..........and, yet, there is a thread on here every day about them.

Might as well post a thread about used toilet bowls............can't sell 'em, can't rent 'em, can't live in them, can't eat 'em, can't use them to power stuff, and there are no ways of making money with them.

But, I only saw one thread about toilet bowls, and I see 50 of 'em about guns.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
elchivito's Avatar
¡Ay Jodido!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rancho Disparates
Posts: 4,075
A magazine capacity limit is all that's likely to come of all this hooplah. Polls overwhelmingly support it. I don't think it'll do a bit of good. I also don't think it's the top of the slippery slope and can live with it.
__________________
You're a daisy if you do.
__________________________________
84 Euro 240D 4spd. 220.5k sold
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
..........and, yet, there is a thread on here every day about them.

Might as well post a thread about used toilet bowls............can't sell 'em, can't rent 'em, can't live in them, can't eat 'em, can't use them to power stuff, and there are no ways of making money with them.

But, I only saw one thread about toilet bowls, and I see 50 of 'em about guns.
The difference between a toilet bowl and a gun thread....

A toilet bowl only has to deal with one a$$whole at a time.
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Thumbs up Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post

A toilet bowl only has to deal with one a$$whole at a time.
Touché
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
The difference between a toilet bowl and a gun thread....
I really think you must start a new thread............
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 PM
tbomachines's Avatar
ಠ_ಠ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
The difference between a toilet bowl and a gun thread....

A toilet bowl only has to deal with one a$$whole at a time.
But it might still be high capacity
__________________
TC
Current stable:
- 2004 Mazda RALLYWANKEL
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
I highly doubt the survey...especially with the sheer number of guns owned in the nation increasing. I have a feeling people weren't truthful for fear that names would be published. Nothing more than a political posture story...
It's just as likely that the guns being sold are to existing households that want multiple weapons. For instance, the recent run on firearms . . . do you believe that they are being bought by new households, or are they being bought in reaction to perceived future restrictions by current owners?

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page