Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 AM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Are Butt Slaps OK in court?

Chad Ochocinco Slaps Lawyer's Ass in Court - YouTube

Judge looks hot BTW. I'd love to slap her ass but after this, maybe not.
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
It is a sports culture thing, during a game, it is not uncommon for a football player to slap another player on the ass. It is cultural, i.e. it is saying, "way to go!!" or "GREAT PLAY!!". But, you would have to be a football player to understand that. Several legal analyst have already weighed in and feel the judge was out of line.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 6,741
ah hahaha, this made my day.

She could be a little more understanding, but at the same time, a$$ slapping should remain in the realm where it is accepted, IE among his teammates.

I wonder if he slaps the a$$ of everyone he deals with on a daily basis?

got my paper on time? thanks *slap*
Thanks for bagging those groceries *slap*
Oil change complete? rock on *slap*
Im approved for this home ownership loan? excellent *slap*
__________________
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
It is a sports culture thing, during a game, it is not uncommon for a football player to slap another player on the ass. It is cultural, i.e. it is saying, "way to go!!" or "GREAT PLAY!!". But, you would have to be a football player to understand that. Several legal analyst have already weighed in and feel the judge was out of line.
No, I understand that and am NOT a football player. I do understand that certain behaviors are fine on certain areas. So me dropping my pants in front of the wife and shaking that snake is ok in the bedroom. OTOH, doing that to her at a company dinner, no so good.
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,535
Stupid is as stupid does.

Appearing before a FEMALE judge on a charge of Domestic Battery for head-butting your wife and he does that crap? I like Chad as a player but dayum!
__________________
“Whatever story you're telling, it will be more interesting if, at the end you add, "and then everything burst into flames.”
― Brian P. Cleary, You Oughta Know By Now
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM
A Talent for Obfuscation
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the Deep State
Posts: 10,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
No, I understand that and am NOT a football player. I do understand that certain behaviors are fine on certain areas. So me dropping my pants in front of the wife and shaking that snake is ok in the bedroom. OTOH, doing that to her at a company dinner, no so good.
It depends on the company that you work for.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
ah hahaha, this made my day.

She could be a little more understanding, but at the same time, a$$ slapping should remain in the realm where it is accepted, IE among his teammates.

I wonder if he slaps the a$$ of everyone he deals with on a daily basis?

got my paper on time? thanks *slap*
Thanks for bagging those groceries *slap*
Oil change complete? rock on *slap*
Im approved for this home ownership loan? excellent *slap*
Unfortunately he was already in trouble for a head butt to the wife and this might not be the best thing to do
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
It depends on the company that you work for.
I suppose if you work for Chippendale's, sure.
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 6,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Unfortunately he was already in trouble for a head butt to the wife and this might not be the best thing to do
oh I agree, hes an idiot. Though it seemed to me nearly unconscious on his part, just a light slap when hes saying good job.

I loved the reaction of the coutroom cop behind though
__________________
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,346
GO JUDGE!!!!!!!!! Yes, she's attractive on the outside, but she's attractive in character also. She is upholding order in her courtroom and enforcing the respect for it that it deserves.

My kinda judge. We need more like her.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
oh I agree, hes an idiot. Though it seemed to me nearly unconscious on his part, just a light slap when hes saying good job.

I loved the reaction of the coutroom cop behind though
Your conclusion that he's an idiot is based upon the reaction of the courtroom spectators and the resulting loss of etiquette due to the generated laughter.

I'm quite sure he had absolutely no inclination or belief that such an act would result in hyesterics by the gallery. The "slap" was hardly significant and it occurred exactly at the point where the judge congratulated the performance of the attorney.

The judge reacted to the behavior of the gallery and penalized the individual because of the response of the gallery. If the gallery did not respond, the judge would not have acted..........be sure of that.

So, we have a judge that makes a ruling based upon the response of the spectators. How fair is that?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 6,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
Your conclusion that he's an idiot is based upon the reaction of the courtroom spectators and the resulting loss of etiquette due to the generated laughter.

I'm quite sure he had absolutely no inclination or belief that such an act would result in hyesterics by the gallery. The "slap" was hardly significant and it occurred exactly at the point where the judge congratulated the performance of the attorney.

The judge reacted to the behavior of the gallery and penalized the individual because of the response of the gallery. If the gallery did not respond, the judge would not have acted..........be sure of that.

So, we have a judge that makes a ruling based upon the response of the spectators. How fair is that?
My conclusion that he is an idiot is the same conclusion that people that show up in a wife beater and swim trunks are also idiots when they appear in court without respect for the rules of decorum, not the laughing of the spectators in this particular video, though obviously the laughing was exactly why he was punished as he was, for turning a serious court matter into a mockery. Id say his punishment was a bit severe for that, but then again, the object lesson should prevent similar mockeries in the future. "remember when XXXX slapped his lawyers a$$? dont do that, remember what happened to him"

You go into court, you dress appropriately and act appropriately, and sports culture butt slaps have no place there, especially in front of the judge, and especially for the reason he is there in the first place. The reactions of the crowd in the video have nothing to do with my opinion.

I would have hesitated to even touch my lawyer on the shoulder, let alone slap his a$$ were I there under similar circumstances. I would want to do nothing that put me in ill favor with the judge, especially a female judge, and especially for a battery charge.
__________________
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,298
Watching the Judge perform for her closeup ,TMZ trash can publicity vs football player failing to be a civil human being ,no fan of both parties.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
My conclusion that he is an idiot is the same conclusion that people that show up in a wife beater and swim trunks are also idiots when they appear in court without respect for the rules of decorum, not the laughing of the spectators in this particular video, though obviously the laughing was exactly why he was punished as he was, for turning a serious court matter into a mockery. Id say his punishment was a bit severe for that, but then again, the object lesson should prevent similar mockeries in the future. "remember when XXXX slapped his lawyers a$$? dont do that, remember what happened to him"

You go into court, you dress appropriately and act appropriately, and sports culture butt slaps have no place there, especially in front of the judge, and especially for the reason he is there in the first place. The reactions of the crowd in the video have nothing to do with my opinion.

I would have hesitated to even touch my lawyer on the shoulder, let alone slap his a$$ were I there under similar circumstances. I would want to do nothing that put me in ill favor with the judge, especially a female judge, and especially for a battery charge.
The point is the fact that the actual "slap" on the ass was benign. It was a simple congratulatory gesture.

The judge responded to the behavior of the gallery, not the behavior of the individual.

He most certainly did not turn a serious court matter into a mockery by his simple action. To effect the mockery required participation from the gallery.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Can't Know's Avatar
Registered Slacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post

The judge reacted to the behavior of the gallery and penalized the individual because of the response of the gallery. If the gallery did not respond, the judge would not have acted..........be sure of that.

So, we have a judge that makes a ruling based upon the response of the spectators. How fair is that?
And how, pray tell, can you tell that her response was based solely on the response of the gallery? Or do you also know what happened during the break in the clip in addition to enjoying your clairvoyant powers to read her mind?

I've been in lots of courtrooms and worked for a few judges, too. It's the rare one that lets crude mannerisms pass unnoticed, regardless of the intention of the actor or the reaction of others who may be present.

I'll grant you that the laughter did nothing to help his situation, but I have little doubt that regardless, there would have been repercussions from his conduct.

Of course if he disagrees with her assessment, he is free to appeal, but she would in all probability be affirmed.

While my personal sense is that she reacted too harshly, I respect her right to maintain decorum in her courtroom in the manner she sees as befitting the bench and the case before her. He reacted thoughtlessly and carelessly (neither of which would reflect the seriousness of the matter, which she stressed) and that's also probably a part of what got him in trouble in the first place.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page