PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Detroit: Three men posing as police barge into house, demand weed and kill dog (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/off-topic-discussion/345168-detroit-three-men-posing-police-barge-into-house-demand-weed-kill-dog.html)

whunter 10-18-2013 02:28 PM

Detroit: Three men posing as police barge into house, demand weed and kill dog
 
Three men posing as police barge into house, demand weed - Fox 2 News Headlines

.

Txjake 10-18-2013 02:30 PM

Detroit is a wasteland, it seems

HuskyMan 10-18-2013 02:44 PM

People tend to not question authority when it comes dressed in a uniform with a badge and a gun. Approximately fifteen years ago, in a New England state, a serial rapist utilized Starsky and Hutch flashing police lights on his car so he could pull women over and rape them. After he committed his fifth rape, the state finally woke up and declared that ALL police cars would be clearly identified (clear identifiable markings on the side of the car). As a result of this serial rapist's pretend cop strategy, the state took all plain wrapper, unmarked police cars out of circulation.

They also came out and told people to not be afraid to ask for Badge ID Number, name and supervisor's name and if in doubt of their authenticity, call the REAL police to check the guy out. A badge and a uniform represents a LOT of power and if used by the wrong people, can result in horrific crimes.

To this day, every time I see someone pulled over by a plain wrapper unmarked "police car", I worry that they are REALLY the police and not a criminal/thug using cop lights and a badge to commit a crime. Scary stuff indeed.......

ruchase 10-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyMan (Post 3225366)
People tend to not question authority when it comes dressed in a uniform with a badge and a gun. Approximately fifteen years ago, in a New England state, a serial rapist utilized Starsky and Hutch flashing police lights on his car so he could pull women over and rape them. After he committed his fifth rape, the state finally woke up and declared that ALL police cars would be clearly identified (clear identifiable markings on the side of the car). As a result of this serial rapist's pretend cop strategy, the state took all plain wrapper, unmarked police cars out of circulation.

They also came out and told people to not be afraid to ask for Badge ID Number, name and supervisor's name and if in doubt of their authenticity, call the REAL police to check the guy out. A badge and a uniform represents a LOT of power and if used by the wrong people, can result in horrific crimes.

To this day, every time I see someone pulled over by a plain wrapper unmarked "police car", I worry that they are REALLY the police and not a criminal/thug using cop lights and a badge to commit a crime. Scary stuff indeed.......

I wonder about this too - in CA it is not uncommon to see unmarked 'cop' cars driving around. Every now and then you will also see them with someone pulled over. About the only thing that gives it away are the plates (CA exempt); however, short of that it is often difficult to tell one from the other, as crown vics are no longer the only cop car.

MTI 10-18-2013 03:43 PM

Well, who here hasn't barged into a house, demanded weed . . .

JB3 10-18-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTI (Post 3225412)
Well, who here hasn't barged into a house, demanded weed . . .


sounds like an inside job, they entered with the cat, the family dog was killed, they were looking for "something".

I bet you a weed search was the cover for the hired murder of fido by felix

strelnik 10-18-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB3 (Post 3225414)
sounds like an inside job, they entered with the cat, the family dog was killed, they were looking for "something".

I bet you a weed search was the cover for the hired murder of fido by felix


You could be onto something there-- There have been increased numbers of fidocides in various Detroit neighborhoods. Could be because the dog is the smartest inhabitant in the house....:eek::cool::D:o

TwitchKitty 10-19-2013 10:05 AM

Would the last sentient being leaving Detroit... oops, too late.

If you ever, even for a moment, fool yourself into thinking that governments are about solving problems, remember Detroit.

t walgamuth 10-19-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwitchKitty (Post 3225740)
Would the last sentient being leaving Detroit... oops, too late.

If you ever, even for a moment, fool yourself into thinking that governments are about solving problems, remember Detroit.

Detroit did not fail because its government failed to solve problems, it failed because the way we do business changed. Crooked politicians are an unfortunate truth there but it hardly is a statement on the idea of government. Its more a statement on the unfortunate culture that is remaining there for a majority of its voters....did they knowingly vote crooks in, or are they just easily fooled by them?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website