Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Fold on dotted line
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Mich
Posts: 3,163
Look who's telling us to " Wake up!" and why

Prince Turki tells Obama to

Saudi intelligence chief tells USG to get smart regarding Iran.

__________________
Strelnik
Invest in America: Buy a Congressman!

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:02 PM
greazzer's Avatar
dieselfuelinjector.guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 2021 - The Great Florida Count-down
Posts: 5,619
The article reads in part:

Manama: In a television interview, Former Saudi intelligence chief Prince Turki Al Faisal Al Saud delivered a message for US President Barack Obama asking him to “wake up” from his sleep, in reference to current rapprochement between Iran and world powers following a deal reached over its nuclear programme.

Saudi Arabia is extremely worried that the deal with give Iran a free-hand in the region at the expense of Gulf countries. “I hope that your words are genuine and I do know that you are a man who is true to his words,” was Prince Turki’s message to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.

The former intelligence chief said that the agreement signed last month between the world’s leading powers and Iran over its nuclear programme was the result of ten years of negotiations and that it was an interim accord. “Saudi Arabia has welcomed in its statement the interim agreement, but it wants to see a permanent agreement to remove all weapons of mass destruction in the region, and this does not mean only Iran, but also Israel,” he said. Answering a question on developments in Syria, Prince Turki said that people witnessed every day the sufferings and tragedies of the Syrian people and the acts of destruction.

“Saudi Arabia has tried since the first day to communicate with [Syrian President] Bashar Al Assad and then through the Arab League and the United Nations,” he said. The former intelligence chief said that the decision by Saudi Arabia not to take the rotating Security Council seat to which it had been elected was not improvised. It is one of the wisest decisions ever made in response to the lack of credibility of the UN organ, he said. Riyadh in November formally rejected the seat, citing the inability of the Security Council to address Arab issues and its failure to act over the 32-month-old conflict in Syria.


A ten year deal in the making. I wonder how now President Obama was working on this deal back in the day?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,395
The Saudis have every interest in stirring the commode, though. More tension in the Middle East == higher oil prices == more profit for them. Plus the people running the show there hate the Shiites.

His words likely hold some truth, but you have to look at his motives as well.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Jorn's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TheFlyingDutchManInHollywood
Posts: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post

A ten year deal in the making. I wonder how now President Obama was working on this deal back in the day?
__________________
Black on Black 1979 300CD (sold), 1990 Black 300SE, Silver 1989 Volvo 780, 1988 300CE
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM
t walgamuth's Avatar
dieselarchitect
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lafayette Indiana
Posts: 35,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
The article reads in part:

Manama: In a television interview, Former Saudi intelligence chief Prince Turki Al Faisal Al Saud delivered a message for US President Barack Obama asking him to “wake up” from his sleep, in reference to current rapprochement between Iran and world powers following a deal reached over its nuclear programme.

Saudi Arabia is extremely worried that the deal with give Iran a free-hand in the region at the expense of Gulf countries. “I hope that your words are genuine and I do know that you are a man who is true to his words,” was Prince Turki’s message to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.

The former intelligence chief said that the agreement signed last month between the world’s leading powers and Iran over its nuclear programme was the result of ten years of negotiations and that it was an interim accord. “Saudi Arabia has welcomed in its statement the interim agreement, but it wants to see a permanent agreement to remove all weapons of mass destruction in the region, and this does not mean only Iran, but also Israel,” he said. Answering a question on developments in Syria, Prince Turki said that people witnessed every day the sufferings and tragedies of the Syrian people and the acts of destruction.

“Saudi Arabia has tried since the first day to communicate with [Syrian President] Bashar Al Assad and then through the Arab League and the United Nations,” he said. The former intelligence chief said that the decision by Saudi Arabia not to take the rotating Security Council seat to which it had been elected was not improvised. It is one of the wisest decisions ever made in response to the lack of credibility of the UN organ, he said. Riyadh in November formally rejected the seat, citing the inability of the Security Council to address Arab issues and its failure to act over the 32-month-old conflict in Syria.


A ten year deal in the making. I wonder how now President Obama was working on this deal back in the day?
well, yeah, he's just that good!
__________________
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,292
He was working on this before he emigrated from Kenya.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
well, yeah, he's just that good!
I'll fix this for you. Replace the word "good" with the word "connected."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:02 PM
greazzer's Avatar
dieselfuelinjector.guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 2021 - The Great Florida Count-down
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus View Post
He was working on this before he emigrated from Kenya.
LOL ... you got me on that one.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
LOL ... you got me on that one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Diesel911's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Beach,CA
Posts: 32,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
The article reads in part:

Manama: In a television interview, Former Saudi intelligence chief Prince Turki Al Faisal Al Saud delivered a message for US President Barack Obama asking him to “wake up” from his sleep, in reference to current rapprochement between Iran and world powers following a deal reached over its nuclear programme.

Saudi Arabia is extremely worried that the deal with give Iran a free-hand in the region at the expense of Gulf countries. “I hope that your words are genuine and I do know that you are a man who is true to his words,” was Prince Turki’s message to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.

The former intelligence chief said that the agreement signed last month between the world’s leading powers and Iran over its nuclear programme was the result of ten years of negotiations and that it was an interim accord. “Saudi Arabia has welcomed in its statement the interim agreement, but it wants to see a permanent agreement to remove all weapons of mass destruction in the region, and this does not mean only Iran, but also Israel,” he said. Answering a question on developments in Syria, Prince Turki said that people witnessed every day the sufferings and tragedies of the Syrian people and the acts of destruction.

“Saudi Arabia has tried since the first day to communicate with [Syrian President] Bashar Al Assad and then through the Arab League and the United Nations,” he said. The former intelligence chief said that the decision by Saudi Arabia not to take the rotating Security Council seat to which it had been elected was not improvised. It is one of the wisest decisions ever made in response to the lack of credibility of the UN organ, he said. Riyadh in November formally rejected the seat, citing the inability of the Security Council to address Arab issues and its failure to act over the 32-month-old conflict in Syria.


A ten year deal in the making. I wonder how now President Obama was working on this deal back in the day?
The above might be resonable if Israel was not surrounded by Enemies.

I doubt if Saudi Arabia could have fended off a assault by Sadam H. if it had not been for the USA and Allies.

Since it cannot take care of itself Saudi Arabia is in no position go guarentee Israel's safety.
In fact would the USA even guarentee Isreal's safety?

If the past is any prediction of the future; Middle East Talks are an extended delaying action.
__________________
84 300D, 82 Volvo 244Gl Diesel
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Jorn's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TheFlyingDutchManInHollywood
Posts: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
The above might be resonable if Israel was not surrounded by Enemies.

I doubt if Saudi Arabia could have fended off a assault by Sadam H. if it had not been for the USA and Allies.

Since it cannot take care of itself Saudi Arabia is in no position go guarentee Israel's safety.
In fact would the USA even guarentee Isreal's safety?

If the past is any prediction of the future; Middle East Talks are an extended delaying action.
Why would Saudi Arabia guarentee Israel's safety, just as Iran they like Israel to be wiped of the earth?

People keep on forgetting that 15 of the 911 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia; non from Iraq or Iran. Saudi Arabia is no friend of the west.
__________________
Black on Black 1979 300CD (sold), 1990 Black 300SE, Silver 1989 Volvo 780, 1988 300CE
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2013, 06:58 AM
chilcutt's Avatar
Anywhere I Roam
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 7,614
If the deal between the US and Iran has offended Israel and Saudi Arabia, then it has achieved a worthy goal.

Probably the most important action the US can take is to offend Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Hopefully they will be so offended, that they will refuse to accept US weapons and other forms of US aid.
__________________
CHILCUTT~
The secret to a long life. Is knowing when it is time to leave.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 40,762
President Obama has succeeded in doing something nobody has done since the creation of Israel: Put KSA and Israel on the same side.
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Why would Saudi Arabia guarentee Israel's safety, just as Iran they like Israel to be wiped of the earth?

People keep on forgetting that 15 of the 911 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia; non from Iraq or Iran. Saudi Arabia is no friend of the west.
but the black gold from the ground says otherwise
__________________
2012 BMW X5 (Beef + Granite suspension model)

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilcutt View Post
If the deal between the US and Iran has offended Israel and Saudi Arabia, then it has achieved a worthy goall.

Probably the most important action the US can take is to offend Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Hopefully they will be so offended, that they will refuse to accept US weapons and other forms of US aid.
yep - and its quite funny why they are offended too..

__________________
2012 BMW X5 (Beef + Granite suspension model)

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page