Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,061
Police: Driver kills 2 at South by Southwest

Some people aren't fit to play with Legos, much less operate a car. It is my sincere hope that no one on this forum was impacted, either personally or had friends or family injured by this psycho driver.

I see these types of drivers daily, they run red lights, they run stop signs, they drive 20++++ MPH OVER the POSTED speed limit all the while texting and yakking on cell phones, reading the newspaper, etc. while driving. They care not for anyone else but themselves.


Police: Driver kills 2 at South by Southwest

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2014, 12:57 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
the only traction that this story is getting is because it was at SXSW
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
the only traction that this story is getting is because it was at SXSW
Exactly, if he had hit an 80 year old woman out walking on a normal day, it would not have been a blip in the newsroom. If a crash occurs because someone is DUI, DWI, texting while driving, running stop lights or stop signs, speeding, it is of no consequence and not newsworthy because the majority of drivers engage in reckless driving.

They feel they have a constitutional right to mow you DOWN and then drive off laughing like a Hyena.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:28 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
Exactly, if he had hit an 80 year old woman out walking on a normal day, it would not have been a blip in the newsroom. If a crash occurs because someone is DUI, DWI, texting while driving, running stop lights or stop signs, speeding, it is of no consequence and not newsworthy because the majority of drivers engage in reckless driving.

They feel they have a constitutional right to mow you DOWN and then drive off laughing like a Hyena.
Wut?

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
Wut?

I'll set up my dash cam and post video, it speaks for itself. Red light runners, texters, cell phone yakkers, book readers, stop light and and stop sign runners and drivers who regularly run intersections WHILE a pedestrian(s) is/are in the cross walk. But, as you say, none of that is newsworthy.........
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
I'll pass the baton to aklim . . . he seems to have a better understanding of your point of view.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
I'll pass the baton to aklim . . . he seems to have a better understanding of your point of view.
Whatever.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:54 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,987
Hipsters died: SOMEONE must be held accountable....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
Hipsters died: SOMEONE must be held accountable....
Though the facts aren't out, most likely the driver had been out bar hopping and got a little too tanked up. That's the bar scene, drunks drunks and more drunks who then get behind the wheel and pull stunts like this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM
A Talent for Obfuscation
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the Deep State
Posts: 11,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
I'll pass the baton to aklim . . . he seems to have a better understanding of your point of view.
Thanks. People are now looking at me because I just burst out laughing for no apparent reason.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
Though the facts aren't out, most likely the driver had been out bar hopping and got a little too tanked up. That's the bar scene, drunks drunks and more drunks who then get behind the wheel and pull stunts like this.
It is screwed up...esp when the drunks decide to run from the man....bad **** like this always seems to happen
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-13-2014, 02:15 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
Thanks. People are now looking at me because I just burst out laughing for no apparent reason.
How many times have I told you not to use the computers in the library. Those keyboards are a cesspool!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-13-2014, 02:19 PM
tbomachines's Avatar
ಠ_ಠ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 5,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
the only traction that this story is getting is because it was at SXSW
I disgree, though it probably gave it a boost. A car injuring 23 people, 5 critically and killing 2 is a pretty significant story -- I feel like my local station would have at least mentioned it in national news. Its no different than some of the major pileups we've seen this winter.
__________________
TC
Current stable:
- 2004 Mazda RALLYWANKEL
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
It is screwed up...esp when the drunks decide to run from the man....bad **** like this always seems to happen
This is just beginning. Most likely, the victims will begin filling lawsuits against not only the driver, the bar owner of the bar who served the driver, the bar tender(s) who served alcohol to the driver and any bouncers who didn't take his car keys. This is reason #88 why I would never want to be in the bar business. Too too many liabilities.

Awhile back I met what I considered a more intelligent bar owner. He owned a limousine which he sent to pick up his regular customers. They would then drink and party at his bar until the designated hour at which time his limo driver gave them all a safe ride home. He said it greatly reduced his stress level because he knew they weren't getting drunk at his bar and then getting behind the wheel and killing someone. It helped keep him out of the courtroom.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM
E150GT's Avatar
I'm a chicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
Hipsters died: SOMEONE must be held accountable....
Hey Man!!! Ill be there saturday!!! Gonna see Big Freedia the Queen Diva!!

__________________
1984 300SD Orient Red/ Palomino
1989 560SEC
2016 Mazda 6 6 speed manual
1995 Ford F-150 reg cab 4.9 5speed manual
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page