Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-01-2015, 07:21 PM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 6,861
bizarre incident today with drunk

Was inside buying materials at a flooring place and come outside to find a cherub like little drunken man sitting inside my work van in the passenger seat. Completely comfortable and at ease.

Shame on me for not fixing the one broken lock on a side door.

Ended up having to physically remove him from the vehicle by grabbing his shirt collar and pulling. When i told him to get out he became a bit miffed and said "are you serious?" like i was being unreasonable

Evidently he was "waiting for rose".

Wasnt really even angry, the whole thing was more amusing than irritating. Guy stumbled off down the street, and fortunately didnt steal anything, i think he was legitimately waiting for rose. Im sure he will have no memory of this incident

The time was approximately 2pm

__________________
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Simpler=Better's Avatar
Ham Shanker
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 2,544
$10 says it was in Pah-tuck-it
__________________
$60 OM617 Blank Exhaust Flanges
$110 OM606 Blank Exhaust Flanges
No merc at the moment
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2015, 10:02 AM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Who is "Rose" and what does she look like? Maybe you could have tossed him out, waited for "Rose", entertained her a little in the back of the van?
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2015, 06:22 PM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 6,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpler=Better View Post
$10 says it was in Pah-tuck-it
Close!
Central falls
__________________
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-02-2015, 06:23 PM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 6,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Who is "Rose" and what does she look like? Maybe you could have tossed him out, waited for "Rose", entertained her a little in the back of the van?
Considering the state of the guy, i think rose not being a catch would be a safe bet, if she exists at all
__________________
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Who is "Rose" and what does she look like? Maybe you could have tossed him out, waited for "Rose", entertained her a little in the back of the van?
I admire your imagination and/or fantasy.
__________________
Not MBZ nor A/C trained professional but a die-hard DIY and green engineer. Use the info at your own peril. Picked up 2 Infractions because of disagreements. NOW reversed.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,028
Well, I thought this incidence happened in TX.
__________________
Not MBZ nor A/C trained professional but a die-hard DIY and green engineer. Use the info at your own peril. Picked up 2 Infractions because of disagreements. NOW reversed.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-02-2015, 06:49 PM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Considering the state of the guy, i think rose not being a catch would be a safe bet, if she exists at all
Judging a book by it's cover, are we?
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-02-2015, 06:50 PM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah-kay View Post
I admire your imagination and/or fantasy.
Hey, it's easy to advocate. Regardless if "Rose" is a hot girl or an ugly guy, it's not my ass.
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-02-2015, 07:29 PM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 6,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Hey, it's easy to advocate. Regardless if "Rose" is a hot girl or an ugly guy, it's not my ass.
Considering the neighborhood where this incident took place, there is a 40% chance that rose is a hardened heavy smoking and drinking toothless 50 year old individual with the figure of a small, misshapen bear and several hard drug dependencies.
__________________
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-02-2015, 07:47 PM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Considering the neighborhood where this incident took place, there is a 40% chance that rose is a hardened heavy smoking and drinking toothless 50 year old individual with the figure of a small, misshapen bear and several hard drug dependencies.
Yes but a 60% chance it could be your soul mate. If the 40% comes well,we can YouTube the video
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-03-2015, 11:55 AM
INSIDIOUS's Avatar
25A
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Honah Lee
Posts: 15,022
Rose has a van similar to yours.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-03-2015, 02:16 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
Renaissance Dude
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 21,606
Once again, the essence of Aklim dominates the olfactory range.
__________________
cmac

1986 300SDL, 351K
1984 300D, 133K
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-03-2015, 02:24 PM
aklim's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Location: Greenfield WI, USA
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Once again, the essence of Aklim dominates the olfactory range.
I could do a 180 degree twist for the right money.
__________________
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke
99 E300 Turbodiesel
91 Vette with 383 motor
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-03-2015, 03:25 PM
tbomachines's Avatar
ಠ_ಠ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,423
The drunk is just a sucker for guys who know their hardwood.


Sent from an abacus

__________________
TC
Current stable:
- 2004 Mazda RALLYWANKEL
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page