Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 87
MBZ will be a carbon-neutral car fleet by 2039

What does that mean? Ambition2039 project is an initiative that wants to make their passenger car fleet completely carbon neutral by not only electrifying vehicles, but changing their manufacturing facilities. Part of its carbon-reducing efforts will focus on recycling, as well, with Mercedes claiming up to 85 percent of its vehicles could be recycled. By 2030 they are stating they want to have more than 50% of their sales EVs and plug-in hybrids.

How does this make you feel about a brand you love? Are you scared we will be facing a world with brands that were once petrol powered to electrified only? Share your thoughts below.



Source here
Attached Thumbnails
MBZ will be a carbon-neutral car fleet by 2039-https___api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2019_01_18c0666_149-source-source-e1546982551139.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2019, 09:30 PM
"One with my 71"
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luccia at Pelican Parts View Post
What does that mean? Ambition2039 project is an initiative that wants to make their passenger car fleet completely carbon neutral by not only electrifying vehicles, but changing their manufacturing facilities. Part of its carbon-reducing efforts will focus on recycling, as well, with Mercedes claiming up to 85 percent of its vehicles could be recycled. By 2030 they are stating they want to have more than 50% of their sales EVs and plug-in hybrids.

How does this make you feel about a brand you love? Are you scared we will be facing a world with brands that were once petrol powered to electrified only? Share your thoughts below.



Source here

I'll never go electric. Even if it means I have to walk. As for my current gas car... when liberals tax gas 300% (that day is coming sooner than later) I'll just keep it garaged... mothball the engine... then mount a huge flatscreen television on my garage wall and make that my drive-in movie experience.


----
__________________
One day the greater consciousness of humanity will ask of itself... "How many Einsteins and savants did we destroy to satisfy the wants of women in their lawful genocide upon the unborn?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:38 AM
oldsinner111's Avatar
love all animals
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bristol,tn
Posts: 5,456
alot of different stories. I read, that a diesel jetta,is more carbon neutral than a tesla. Battry being made and dispose of, worse offenders
__________________
usaf vet,dumb ass, Jerry Springer,and Maury 2020, no more unwed mothers, on public aid,free birth control
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Diseasel300's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 4,657
Do they plan to bring back the Eco-Friendly "Biodegradable" wiring too? What is the expected lifespan on these cars supposed to be? To be truly carbon neutral, they should last for a long time and be easily serviced by the average shop to keep them out of the scrapper/recycler's yard.
__________________
'11 Honda Accord EX - "The Daily" 64K
'83 500SL Euro - "The Money Pit" 116K
'91 350SD - "The Diseasel Jr." 168K
'86 300SDL - "The Diseasel" 189K (Totaled 1/31/19)
The Diseasel Thread - Everything You Didn't Know You Wanted To Know
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:37 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971 250/8 View Post
I'll never go electric. Even if it means I have to walk. As for my current gas car... when liberals tax gas 300% (that day is coming sooner than later) I'll just keep it garaged... mothball the engine... then mount a huge flatscreen television on my garage wall and make that my drive-in movie experience.


----
We should go back to horse and buggy. That will show them.
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2019, 02:42 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The slums of Beverly Hills
Posts: 6,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971 250/8 View Post
I'll never go electric. Even if it means I have to walk. As for my current gas car... when liberals tax gas 300% (that day is coming sooner than later) I'll just keep it garaged... mothball the engine... then mount a huge flatscreen television on my garage wall and make that my drive-in movie experience.


----
Great, one less car on the road. I'm looking forward to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsinner111 View Post
alot of different stories. I read, that a diesel jetta,is more carbon neutral than a tesla. Battry being made and dispose of, worse offenders
Yeah that Jetta was fueled with pixie dust and unicorn farts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page