Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > General Discussion > Open Discussion > Open Discussion - Politics and Religion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-09-2016, 12:49 PM
El Ted's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SoCal 323/805
Posts: 3,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmash View Post
No argumen so you come up with that?
Well, if he was born in Germany, he can't. Sorry, my bad.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmash View Post
I think it is anger and hatred completely independent of politics. Trump is tapping into biggotry and misogyny that has been just under the surface and giving it legitimacy. Not a.path I'm comfortable with.

Cruz is giving a voice to political anger. Complety different.
So everybody that supports Trump is a bigot and misogynist?

Sure the bigotry and misogyny hasn't been cultured and fed by one community organizer in chief?
__________________
https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова

“A satirical piece in the Times is one thing, but bricks and baseball bats really gets right to the point of it.”

"The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States. ....George Soros




Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:05 PM
A Talent for Obfuscation
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the Deep State
Posts: 7,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky View Post
So everybody that supports Trump is a bigot and misogynist?

Sure the bigotry and misogyny hasn't been cultured and fed by one community organizer in chief?
So Obama has duped most Republicans into being bigots and misogynists? Smart guy!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:07 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 10,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ted View Post
Interesting, how you exclude yourself.

I think this counter (smear-) campaign as we see it, is full of anger and hate.
No presidential candidate in this country should have to face such disrespect.
It's pitiful. Not for Trump, but for the entire country. The world is laughing about us, as we speak.
When David Duke ran for office was it a smear campaign also? Respect is earned. Trump has advocated for the US military to murder civilians, he wants to violate the COTUS, he has demeaned women, Hispanics and others. He curses and insults people. He has been married 3 times and yet wants to deny same sex couples the same right. He claims he is a 'good christian" what ever that is yet he cant even quote the bible correctly If he wants respect he need to behave like an adult.
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,025
Don't ya just love it?
__________________
https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова

“A satirical piece in the Times is one thing, but bricks and baseball bats really gets right to the point of it.”

"The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States. ....George Soros




Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 10,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky View Post
So everybody that supports Trump is a bigot and misogynist?

Sure the bigotry and misogyny hasn't been cultured and fed by one community organizer in chief?
Never said everyone. Never implied everyone.
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:27 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ted View Post
Yes, I do care. This remark was made in spite of you guys comparing him with Hitler.
Trump does not need to speak German. He is perfectly fine speaking English the way he does.
You and everybody else should speak or understand German in order to make a distinction between the 2 characters. You would quickly find out how absurd this comparison is.

Besides, this type of comparison is simply the lowest kind of smear that anybody could possibly spout out at someone else.
Esp. those who use this kind of smear in the political arena are unwittingly forfeiting any credibility.

Makes sense?
You're missing the forest for the trees.

Do you know who Marine Le Pen is? She was a recent candidate of the French National Front party: extreme right wing folks. She was touting many of the same things Trump has been harping on, immigration issues, blaming foreigners for many things, wanting to close the border, etc.

I don't know if she speaks German, her natural language is French. But there were thousands of people fearful that she might be elected because.... wait for it....she sounded quite a bit like Hitler in what she was proposing.


It doesn't matter what language Trump speaks, nor does it matter that Hitler spoke German. Platforms can be translated and spoken in any language. The rhetoric is similar, that's what we've been saying for all this time.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:32 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
Trump said that he is a good Christian. Case closed.
He's demonstrated a lack of familiarity with almost everything a "good Christian" would be familiar with.
  • He can't quote scripture
  • he can't tell anyone his favorite verse (and when he finally did quote something in Psalms no one could find it because it doesn't exist)
  • he couldn't describe anything specific about the Bible at all in multiple interviews
  • he didn't know what a communion service looked like and tried to put a $20 in the tray
  • the area leader of the church he claimed to go to said he's not been present at anything for years

If saying you're a "good Christian" means you are then I guess words don't really mean anything.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:33 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
You're missing the forest for the trees.

Do you know who Marine Le Pen is? She was a recent candidate of the French National Front party: extreme right wing folks. She was touting many of the same things Trump has been harping on, immigration issues, blaming foreigners for many things, wanting to close the border, etc.

I don't know if she speaks German, her natural language is French. But there were thousands of people fearful that she might be elected because.... wait for it....she sounded quite a bit like Hitler in what she was proposing.


It doesn't matter what language Trump speaks, nor does it matter that Hitler spoke German. Platforms can be translated and spoken in any language. The rhetoric is similar, that's what we've been saying for all this time.
This woman?

"Described as far more democratic and republican than her nationalist father, she has led a movement of "de-demonization of the Front National" to detoxify it and soften its image, based on renovated positions and renewed teams, also expelling controversial members accused of racism, antisemitism, neo-Nazism or pétainism.[10] Le Pen was ranked the 71st most influential person in the 2011 Time 100.[11] She was ranked again among the most influential persons in the 2015 Time 100.[12]"




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Le_Pen
__________________
Сделать Америку великой Снова
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." Margaret Thatcher
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:35 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
DNC talking points. Maybe RNC too. Meaningless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ted View Post
No, actually it's just the media slipping down the steep slope ... again.
I'm a pastor, I don't vote. I don't get politically involved. I don't have a candidate I'm supporting.

I simply don't want to have the same regrets as Pastor Martin Niemöller and others.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:43 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
This woman?

"Described as far more democratic and republican than her nationalist father, she has led a movement of "de-demonization of the Front National" to detoxify it and soften its image, based on renovated positions and renewed teams, also expelling controversial members accused of racism, antisemitism, neo-Nazism or pétainism.[10] Le Pen was ranked the 71st most influential person in the 2011 Time 100.[11] She was ranked again among the most influential persons in the 2015 Time 100.[12]"




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Le_Pen
Yep, that woman. She still advocates for "French first" meaning that French citizens have priority to everything. Further she advocates that those who have committed violent crimes should lose their citizenship and be deported back to their ancestral homeland.

You should read what she's been saying for years. It may be softened xenophobia and nationalism, but its still xenophobia and nationalism.
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:48 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
Yep, that woman. She still advocates for "French first" meaning that French citizens have priority to everything. Further she advocates that those who have committed violent crimes should lose their citizenship and be deported back to their ancestral homeland.

You should read what she's been saying for years. It may be softened xenophobia and nationalism, but its still xenophobia and nationalism.
I don't see anything wrong with those two things you mentioned. What is so egregious about that? Especially the second item.
__________________
Сделать Америку великой Снова
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." Margaret Thatcher
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mar a Lago Estate
Posts: 13,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by martureo View Post
I'm a pastor, I don't vote. I don't get politically involved. I don't have a candidate I'm supporting.

I simply don't want to have the same regrets as Pastor Martin Niemöller and others.
What?

No faith in the political system?
__________________
https://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/varios/www.MessenTools.com-Trump_05.jpg Sent from my spare bedroom using an old fashioned keyboard.

Сделать Америку великой Снова

“A satirical piece in the Times is one thing, but bricks and baseball bats really gets right to the point of it.”

"The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States. ....George Soros




Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:50 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,686
This is bad?

"nationalism definition. The strong belief that the interests of a particular nation-state are of primary importance. Also, the belief that a people who share a common language, history, and culture should constitute an independent nation, free of foreign domination."


And, if one is opposed to nationalism, I suppose that one might categorize a nationalist as a xenophobe, since nationalism is easily dependable. paint someone as unreasonable, and it makes it more difficult to defend a position. Standard leftist tactic.
__________________
Сделать Америку великой Снова
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." Margaret Thatcher

Last edited by Txjake; 03-09-2016 at 01:54 PM. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-09-2016, 01:58 PM
A guy who likes to Benz
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC Metro/Maryland
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjake View Post
I don't see anything wrong with those two things you mentioned. What is so egregious about that? Especially the second item.
It's arbitrary.

Since I have Native American ancestry I guess you can go back to your homeland and leave North America. Right? Or is the line drawn somewhere else?
__________________
I recondition w123/w126/w124 steering boxes! (post #7)



1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 111k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page