PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/)
-   Open Discussion - Politics and Religion (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/open-discussion-politics-religion/)
-   -   GOP Sued For Obamacare Fraud (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/open-discussion-politics-religion/387751-gop-sued-obamacare-fraud.html)

Dudesky 08-04-2017 05:27 PM

GOP Sued For Obamacare Fraud
 
A retired attorney in Virginia Beach is so incensed that Republicans couldn't repeal the Affordable Care Act he's suing to get political donations back, accusing the GOP of fraud and racketeering.
Bob Heghmann, 70, filed a lawsuit Thursday in U.S. District Court saying the national and Virginia Republican parties and some GOP leaders raised millions of dollars in campaign funds while knowing they weren't going to be able to overturn the ACA, also known as Obamacare.
The GOP "has been engaged in a pattern of Racketeering which involves massive fraud perpetrated on Republican voters and contributors as well as some Independents and Democrats," the suit said. Racketeering, perhaps better known for use in prosecuting organized crime, involves a pattern of illegal behavior by a specific group.
The lawsuit lists as defendants the Republican National Committe and Virginia's two national GOP committee members, Morton Blackwell and Cynthia Dunbar, as well as the Republican Party of Virginia and state party Chairman John Whitbeck.


https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/republican-donor-from-virginia-beach-sues-gop-accusing-the-party/article_f7e5e7ec-f6ad-5d09-90d5-29774701b0c2.html

davidmash 08-04-2017 05:42 PM

Good grief. He made a donation. There is no guarantee that you get what you want. Sounds.like a waste of court time.

Dudesky 08-04-2017 05:46 PM

Maybe he is speaking for many up and coming donors?

Regardless, its a shot across their bow.

cmbdiesel 08-05-2017 11:16 AM

I hope he wins his case.

Then people who donated to HRC can get their money back too.

And then, in this perfect world I am dreaming of, all those people can be prosecuted for trying to influence US elections:cool:

greazzer 08-05-2017 11:40 AM

I hope he wins too. BO-Care could have been repealed and replaced. However, the deep state may want it. It's a freebie and those freebies control many folks. Plus, the health care industry is probably making a mint. Tells you a lot about the Dim's and how they are influenced too. The 2018 cycle is coming up and President Trump has plenty of time to rally and tweet to remove from office those GOPer's who failed to keep their promises.

cmbdiesel 08-05-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greazzer (Post 3735635)
I hope he wins too. BO-Care could have been repealed and replaced. However, the deep state may want it. It's a freebie and those freebies control many folks. Plus, the health care industry is probably making a mint. Tells you a lot about the Dim's and how they are influenced too. The 2018 cycle is coming up and President Trump has plenty of time to rally and tweet to remove from office those GOPer's who failed to keep their promises.

Couple questions for you greazzer, if you don't mind -
What are the S+F's you always post about.

Where do you get your healthcare? Is it from your job?

Do you approve of our president tweeting the way he does?

davidmash 08-05-2017 12:05 PM

I do not see how there is a case. The GOP does not control the individual members of Congress. There is no way to guarantee that a certain outcome will happen with any piece of legislation. The GOP had 7 yrs to come up with an alternative to ACA. They had nothing. Why would anyone think they would repeal ACA when they had nothing to fix it with? All the GOP has to argue is that the donor made a bad gamble and he needs to suck it up.

greazzer 08-05-2017 12:06 PM

I've already answered these a while ago, but here you:

1. S+Fs = Socialist Facist. Some folks say those two are impossible to join, but some folks say otherwise and I am one of them. The liberal social progressive left want a socialist paradise and if you don't agree with them, well they will resort to any methods or means to silence you and get away with democracy. Many folks on this forum are the LWFE or S+Fs. The LWFE = left wing fringe element.

2. Healthcare was earned by 17+ years of military service from the wonderful VA. The VA sucks overall, however. I guess after 17+ years serving in our elite fighting forces I should get some health care versus all those free loaders out there with their grubby paws out wanting something for free as they are entitled to it because it's a "universal right"

3. Yes, T needs to Tweet. The media is in the tank for the DNC, the LWFE and the S+Fs. He can reach his peeps and the remainder. T is winning the battle against the crooked media and the latter is right there with the tabloids in the supermarket. Way to go T !

greazzer 08-05-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmash (Post 3735503)
Good grief. He made a donation. There is no guarantee that you get what you want. Sounds.like a waste of court time.

Just like Mueller's GJ? That's a huge waste of tax payers money but I dont hear you complaining ...

Dudesky 08-05-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmash (Post 3735643)
I do not see how there is a case. The GOP does not control the individual members of Congress. There is no way to guarantee that a certain outcome will happen with any piece of legislation. The GOP had 7 yrs to come up with an alternative to ACA. They had nothing. Why would anyone think they would repeal ACA when they had nothing to fix it with? All the GOP has to argue is that the donor made a bad gamble and he needs to suck it up.

He bases it on fraudulent statements.

Doesn't matter if it has no merit.

If it pisses off other big donors, it will get RNC's attention.

cmbdiesel 08-05-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greazzer (Post 3735644)
I've already answered these a while ago, but here you:

1. S+Fs = Socialist Facist. Some folks say those two are impossible to join, but some folks say otherwise and I am one of them. The liberal social progressive left want a socialist paradise and if you don't agree with them, well they will resort to any methods or means to silence you and get away with democracy. Many folks on this forum are the LWFE or S+Fs. The LWFE = left wing fringe element.

2. Healthcare was earned by 17+ years of military service from the wonderful VA. The VA sucks overall, however. I guess after 17+ years serving in our elite fighting forces I should get some health care versus all those free loaders out there with their grubby paws out wanting something for free as they are entitled to it because it's a "universal right"

3. Yes, T needs to Tweet. The media is in the tank for the DNC, the LWFE and the S+Fs. He can reach his peeps and the remainder. T is winning the battle against the crooked media and the latter is right there with the tabloids in the supermarket. Way to go T !

Thanks greazzer, and thanks for your service as well.:thumbsup:

Dad was career Navy, and Mom still has Tricare covering her, excellent insurance. Hope yours is similar.
We differ in that I believe an advanced civilization such as ours pretends to be, should provide quality healthcare for all citizens, not just those who spent time at the sharp end of the stick. Those folks deserve far better than they get, but that is a different discussion.

I wish our Pres would quit with the tweeting, it's probably the single biggest reason his administration is in such disarray.

greazzer 08-05-2017 12:18 PM

You're more than Welcome !

Let me ask you this: if the media was truley "fair and balanced", neutral, et cet., do you think T would tweet? Or, put this another way, would there be a need to tweet ? The MSM has disgraced itself beyond repair from what I can tell, and look how they ensured BHO won the oval office and almost HRC. Can anyone ever trust the MSM again vs. going through tweets or whatever alt sources one can use?

davidmash 08-05-2017 12:20 PM

1. Sure. what ever you say.

2. Not sure why your job that you volunteered for entitles you to health benefits for life. If you were injured during service or if you were drafted then yes. If not... get a job and pay for your own just like everyone else.

3. I agree that 45 should keep tweeting but for very different reason. I want him to keep tweeting because I think it puts his crazy out there for public viewing. The more that is out there the better odds of him getting out after 1 term.

davidmash 08-05-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greazzer (Post 3735645)
Just like Mueller's GJ? That's a huge waste of tax payers money but I dont hear you complaining ...

I am missing the correlation. What does Mueller have to do with anything? The DNC is the minority in Congress. This is all the GOP. I think it is hilarious that the GOP is eating it's young.

cmbdiesel 08-05-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greazzer (Post 3735650)
You're more than Welcome !

Let me ask you this: if the media was truley "fair and balanced", neutral, et cet., do you think T would tweet? Or, put this another way, would there be a need to tweet ? The MSM has disgraced itself beyond repair from what I can tell, and look how they ensured BHO won the oval office and almost HRC. Can anyone ever trust the MSM again vs. going through tweets or whatever alt sources one can use?

I find that some sources are fair and balanced.
NPR is a great source IMHO
However, most anything that is put out on TV is pretty much garbage, but as I don't watch the telly, I can't really engage on that issue very well.
But, Fox News must also be considered MSM...

My problem with the president's tweets is that many of them are untrue and many of them directly counter the official position of his administration.
I would much prefer that he gave standard press conferences where reporters would be able to immediately challenge his statements if they are not clear or truthful.
All public officials should be willing and able to support their statements and back up their assertions.

My question is if the MSM is so far off base, why can't someone like Trump take them on directly and prove their bias? Isn't he known for not backing down? It should be child's play for a man of his background to prove the media's slant, and to be honest, I think many of his voters expected this of him and are greatly disappointed that he has shied away from this fight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website