Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums
 
  Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    


Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
t walgamuth's Avatar
dieselarchitect
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lafayette Indiana
Posts: 21,725
The R's have been saying ever since O got in "when is he going to own the poor economy and the deficite?"

Things were so bad when he came in there is no formula to say "ok by this time he should have cured all the ills of the economy".

How many months or years is "enough" to have solved it?

There is no answer, and trying to fix it really fast would have been a bad idea.

We are experiencing slow but steady growth.

As far as mid term elections, can anybody name a president who did not lose seats in the house and senate during mid terms?

I can't.
__________________
Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 82 240d refurbishing to put back on road, 2-95 e300 diesels, 03 Dodge 3/4 ton with cummins six speed; I have had about 34 benzes. I am building a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup street rod at the moment in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.....
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Of
Posts: 43
Just remember that Bush needed two full terms to destroy the economy.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Well, I guess it's official. In his OWN words, Larry has no problems with President Obama's actions as president.

The FY2009 Deficit was 1.413 Billion. The highest since Obama took office. The current estimate for FY2013 is 901 Billion.

There's your little decrease in the deficit Larry.

Source:US Federal Deficit by Year 2007_2017 - Charts Analysis

Now for your other criteria, unemployment:



There's your little improvement in unemployment Larry.

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Now you can feel all better and stop ranting.

LOL don't confuse Larry with facts.

In Larry's mind Obama = Bad.

Just view everything from that angle and what he posts makes sense.
__________________
2005 Chevy Silverado, white on black.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,148
Tom, it appears that you are ignoring the fact that the National debt is significantly out pacing the GDP. That does NOT represent economic net growth.

B.O. had complete control with democrat house and senate for two years and had all the chance in the world to put in place policies that could have launched our economy long ago. His choice, however, was to ignore the economy and put in place socialized medicine and socialized spending in the form of a stimulus package. I was saying on this forum in 2008, that the stimulus would NOT stimulate the private sector and it has not.

Unemployment since B.O. took office? UP! Deficit since B.O. took office? UP! Debt since B.O. took office? DRASTICALLY UP! If his policies were working, this is NOT what we would have seen. If he HAD cut the deficit in half like he promised even I would be voting for him.

There is a point where a person has to man up and admit when his policies are not working, rather than hang onto them and drive our Grandchildren even DEEPER into the crapper. A REAL man would do just that.
__________________
IMHO
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
LOL don't confuse Larry with facts.

In Larry's mind Obama = Bad.

Just view everything from that angle and what he posts makes sense.


Doesn't look like any defense to me. B.O. said that he would cut the deficit in HALF! Your chart proves that not to be the case, so thanks for the research.

BTW, did you not see in your numbers that unemployment was at 5% when he took office? Also, have you noticed that what little improvement is represented in the debt? In other words, our Grandchildren will pay for it. Is that what YOU want to leave for your Grandkids?

You are clearly blinded by B.O.'s slick presentation and nice smile.
__________________
IMHO

Last edited by Air&Road; 08-24-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Grok this
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
Tom, it appears that you are ignoring the fact that the National debt is significantly out pacing the GDP. That does NOT represent economic net growth.

B.O. had complete control with democrat house and senate for two years and had all the chance in the world to put in place policies that could have launched our economy long ago. His choice, however, was to ignore the economy and put in place socialized medicine and socialized spending in the form of a stimulus package. I was saying on this forum in 2008, that the stimulus would NOT stimulate the private sector and it has not.

Unemployment since B.O. took office? UP! Deficit since B.O. took office? UP! Debt since B.O. took office? DRASTICALLY UP! If his policies were working, this is NOT what we would have seen. If he HAD cut the deficit in half like he promised even I would be voting for him.

There is a point where a person has to man up and admit when his policies are not working, rather than hang onto them and drive our Grandchildren even DEEPER into the crapper. A REAL man would do just that.
George Bush always said "Stay the course."
__________________
Remember, Safety Third!
'99 E300 Turbodiesel, '82 300TD, 1996 12V Cummins Turbo, '94 Neoplan - Detroit 6V92TA
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slaughter House 5 - Pa
Posts: 68
FIRST BOX OFFICE: Anti-Obama Movie #1






Quote:
FRIDAY 2 PM: The anti-Obama movie 2016 Obama’s America went into wider release around America today and is opening right now in first place at the domestic box office. That’s quite a feat since the Rocky Mountain Pictures political documentary is still playing in only 1,090 North American theaters – or about 1/3 as many theaters as big-budget actioner The Expendables 2 (3,355 theaters).
Landslide in November?
__________________
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Poster_Marx_160.gif


Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:26 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 5,162
Let's see how it does over the next 48 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:00 PM
elchivito's Avatar
ya valió madres!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rancho la Chingada
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
Doesn't look like any defense to me. B.O. said that he would cut the deficit in HALF! Your chart proves that not to be the case, so thanks for the research.

BTW, did you not see in your numbers that unemployment was at 5% when he took office? Also, have you noticed that what little improvement is represented in the debt? In other words, our Grandchildren will pay for it. Is that what YOU want to leave for your Grandkids?

You are clearly blinded by B.O.'s slick presentation and nice smile.
I'm not blinded by anything, but apparently you are. The 5 percent number occurred in January of 2008 Larry. Look at the effing chart. Obama took office in January of 2009, with an unemployment of 7.8 percent. It is now within a half point of what it was when he was sworn in. I didn't quote any numbers about the debt. Only the deficit. Unemployment and the deficit, LITTLE improvements you called for in your post are what I spoke directly to. My point is proved, yours isn't. There are improvements in both.
I surely must have something better to do than waste my time trying to make a point with someone who
1. Cannot, apparently read a simple spreadsheet or doesn't know when the current president took office.
2. Is blinded by a suspect hatred that runs far deeper than numbers and has more to do with colors and names.
If it wasn't so much ****ing fun, I'd quit.
__________________
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.” - Cormac McCarthy


_________________________________________
84 Euro 240D 4spd. 220.5k sold
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
Doesn't look like any defense to me. B.O. said that he would cut the deficit in HALF! Your chart proves that not to be the case, so thanks for the research.

BTW, did you not see in your numbers that unemployment was at 5% when he took office? Also, have you noticed that what little improvement is represented in the debt? In other words, our Grandchildren will pay for it. Is that what YOU want to leave for your Grandkids?

You are clearly blinded by B.O.'s slick presentation and nice smile.
I'm not blinded by anything, I'm not a cool-aid drinking extremist so I view things on a purely factual bases.

You specifically said in your post you would be happy with slightly lower unemployment and slight lower national deficit.

Unless your disputing the numbers, they clearly show what I think would be defined as "slight" improvements.

So are you disputing the numbers? Or do you need to clarify your definition of "slightly"?
__________________
2005 Chevy Silverado, white on black.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,083
Larry I don't have a dog in this race because I don't support either political party. I would dance happily if the repubs and dems burned on a boat, so I couldn't care less which one does what.

But if your going to argue a point, don't ramble, do it with facts because without them your just blowing hot air into the wind and wasting your effort.

Oh and BTW the occupant of the oval office has little to do with the economy. The economy goes in cycles and getting into office at a high or low is just luck.
__________________
2005 Chevy Silverado, white on black.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-25-2012, 06:17 AM
MS Fowler's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Larry I don't have a dog in this race because I don't support either political party. I would dance happily if the repubs and dems burned on a boat, so I couldn't care less which one does what.

But if your going to argue a point, don't ramble, do it with facts because without them your just blowing hot air into the wind and wasting your effort.

Oh and BTW the occupant of the oval office has little to do with the economy. The economy goes in cycles and getting into office at a high or low is just luck.
Hat,
I disagree with your last point about the scant effect that the occupant of the Oval Office has on the economy. I think he/she can have great effect--but sometimes there are over-riding factors. The economy does have cycles, like you say, but they are not in a vacuum. The President sets the tone for an administration--a tone that is either friendly to business expansion, or opposed to it, a tone that supports politically well-connected big business, or middle class start ups. The President sets the tone for enforcement of (sometimes ) arcane laws that can be used to stifle, or promote business' interests. The President sets the tone for the culture that is either positive and bright, or dismal and negative.
The President has a great effect on the economy.
Can he/she walk in a throw a switch on the wall, and immediately turn around the economy? No, of course not, but there are many ways the President is an important factor in how well the economy does.
__________________
1982 300SD " Wotan" ..On the road as of Jan 8, 2007 with Historic Tags
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,602
Let the cool aid drinking begin,served up with delicious popcorn and candy treats for all to enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Dudesky's Avatar
Non Compos Mentis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slaughter House 5 - Pa
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post

Oh and BTW the occupant of the oval office has little to do with the economy. The economy goes in cycles and getting into office at a high or low is just luck.
So the Dem's would never harm the economy for political gain?
__________________
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Poster_Marx_160.gif


Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
JB3 JB3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 2,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
I'm not blinded by anything, but apparently you are. The 5 percent number occurred in January of 2008 Larry. Look at the effing chart. Obama took office in January of 2009, with an unemployment of 7.8 percent. It is now within a half point of what it was when he was sworn in. I didn't quote any numbers about the debt. Only the deficit. Unemployment and the deficit, LITTLE improvements you called for in your post are what I spoke directly to. My point is proved, yours isn't. There are improvements in both.
I surely must have something better to do than waste my time trying to make a point with someone who
1. Cannot, apparently read a simple spreadsheet or doesn't know when the current president took office.
2. Is blinded by a suspect hatred that runs far deeper than numbers and has more to do with colors and names.
If it wasn't so much ****ing fun, I'd quit.
listen, you just don't get it elchivito. There are dozens of examples of fabricated evidence, lying MSM spokespersons, voter fraud, and we are missing the fact that Obama is about to create a nation state with him as Holy Kenmerican Emperor. Are you blind? The data you have posted is all a fraudulent shell game!

look at his plans for the new currency!

OBAMA ON NEW DOLLAR BILL | Weekly World News



__________________
1983 240D 4-speed DD
1974 240D 5-speed, 617 turbo (project)
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo powered, 5-speed, 4.56 diff (work van)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page