Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Although the administrator and moderators of the Shop Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of PeachParts, LLC nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of PeachParts, LLC reserve the right to delete, undelete, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason. All posts and threads become the property of PeachParts, LLC once posted on this site.
The primary purpose of this Forum is to act as an educational forum for the exchange of information for all things Mercedes. All are encouraged to participate in this information exchange in the spirit of openness and fun. We are dedicated to maintaining the forum as a comfortable and enjoyable place on the Internet to spend your time.
PeachParts is able to maintain the forum for the free use of all members. This is accomplished via the income generated from the sale of parts from the site's Fastlane parts store. All parts for any Mercedes vehicle can be found by clicking the "Buy Parts" button at the top of any page. If a part is not listed in the on-line catalogs, it is generally available by calling or e-mailing Phil, our parts supply expert. (888-333-4642, firstname.lastname@example.org)
While PeachParts encourages members to openly share their technical insight regarding Mercedes-Benz, we ask, as a matter of courtesy, that members refrain from posting links or references to competing Mercedes-Benz parts and supply vendors. These posts and/or threads will be deleted.
Transgressions here will result in a warning or an infraction (see below). Any violation of rules 11,12,13 or 14 will usually result in an immediate ban.
1. The Registration Agreement Terms (this document) must be respected in full.
2. Trolling is not permitted. Trolling is defined as an inflammatory post used strictly for the purpose of irritating other members. The moderator of the respective forum will have the final determination of whether trolling was utilized for a specific post.
3. Ad-hominem arguments and personal attacks are not permitted. Criticize the idea, not the individual. An ad-hominem argument attacks an opponent's character rather than answering his argument. Users who verbally assault the character or person of other members on a regular basis will be banned. "You're wrong" is not a personal attack; "You're wrong because you are an idiot" is an example of a personal attack. Moderator's judgment will apply.
4. No commercial-oriented posts. The Classifieds forums are for NON COMMERCIAL sale of personal vehicles or parts. Do not flood the forums with useless content or content designed to engage readers into forum wars or trolling.
5. No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. Moderator's judgment will apply.
6. Posting links, offers, or requests for stolen vehicles, parts, or any copyrighted material is prohibited. Requests for VIN lookups are not permitted. Requests for Carfax reports are not permitted. These threads will be edited or deleted.
7. Respect the privacy of others. Do not post telephone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their the express permission of the other individual.
8. Each forum member may maintain only one account.
9. Each forum member must maintain e-mail. All users must provide a current, frequently read e-mail address in his/her internal profile. Note that non-moderators do not have access to your internal e-mail address (which is separate from "Display e-mail"). Accounts having invalid email addresses are subject to deletion.
10. Foul or inappropriate language, including racist remarks and slurs, and juvenile toilet humor is not permitted. Moderators judgment will apply.
11. Spamming is forbidden. Spam occurs when a member posts information or links to support the sale of any product or service.
12. A personal attack and/or harassment directed towards a moderator is forbidden.
13. Subversion or disruption of the normal flow and/or display of the Shop Forum is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, wholesale deletion of prior posts and posting a new thread for the express purpose of criticism of a moderator's decision.
14. Shilling an existing forum member is forbidden. Shilling occurs when a new member takes an existing user's name and modifies it slightly for the purpose of confusing the existing membership as to the identity of the user.
1. Read this guideline prior to posting.
2. Posting the identical post in more than one forum is not permitted.
This forum uses an infraction system to penalize violations of the forum rules, to track ongoing violations, and to potentially ban multiple offenders. Though the infraction system is the primary way of moderating the forum, at any time a moderator(s)' judgment can supersede the infraction system and a moderator can take whatever actions are deemed necessary required to settle a specific situation.
Operation of the System:
There are two types of penalties - warnings and infractions. Warnings do not have any points associated with them and are typically issued for first time violations of a minimal nature (moderators' decision). Infractions are usually worth 1 point and expire 6 months from the issuing date. If 5 points are accumulated by a member, a ban is automatically issued by the system. The ban will remain in effect until the first infraction expires and the point count drops to 4 or fewer.
Some infractions carry more than one point. Any disrespect to a moderator, whether on the forum, or via PM will carry a minimum of 3 points.
Visibility of the System:
All members can see the warnings, infractions, and points accumulated by other members. Below the post count will be three numbers (if the member has any warnings or infractions). The first number is the number of warnings. The second number is the total number of infractions. The final number, in parentheses, is the total point count.
All members can see if a specific post was deemed to be unacceptable. In the lower right hand corner of the post will be a yellow card if a warning was issued for that specific post. A red card will be present if an infraction was issued for that specific post.
If you have any questions regarding this system or about an infraction you received, please contact your forum moderator(s).
ATTRIBUTIONS: Portions of these rules were given to us to use by Bill Morrow at the Thinkpad Forums.