Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Site Feedback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
e-mail notifications

Wayne,

Since the changeover, I do not receive any e-mail notifications for new posts on subscribed threads (and I have over 6000 of them).

The setting is correct and has not changed on the user CP.

Can you kindly check on this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
............and, magically..............they reappear this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 254
Is Wayne good, or what?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
Is Wayne good, or what?
Nah...........it's still somewhat random. I received a few this morning and now it has stopped again.

Something still is not right............
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Wayne 962's Avatar
CEO, Pelican Parts Inc.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
Nah...........it's still somewhat random. I received a few this morning and now it has stopped again.

Something still is not right............
Here's the deal. The server is configured correctly, however, since we moved it last week, the mail sending records (MX) have changed. Sometimes this is interpreted as a spamming server. What I need to do is go through the DNS records and add the code that tells the receiving email servers that this is a legitimate email sending server. I have all of this setup on the Pelican server, but not this one quite yet (been focusing on getting all of the server-specific stuff working). I anticipate that once all of the anti-spam registrations for the server are set and complete, then all email will go through flawlessly (like it currently does on the Pelican side of things).

-Wayne
__________________
Wayne R. Dempsey, Founder, Pelican Parts Inc., and Author of:
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts View Post
Here's the deal. The server is configured correctly, however, since we moved it last week, the mail sending records (MX) have changed. Sometimes this is interpreted as a spamming server. What I need to do is go through the DNS records and add the code that tells the receiving email servers that this is a legitimate email sending server. I have all of this setup on the Pelican server, but not this one quite yet (been focusing on getting all of the server-specific stuff working). I anticipate that once all of the anti-spam registrations for the server are set and complete, then all email will go through flawlessly (like it currently does on the Pelican side of things).

-Wayne
OK, thanks for the info.

Can you kindly advise when you get it corrected?

I won't post further on this issue until the changes are accomplished.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Wayne 962's Avatar
CEO, Pelican Parts Inc.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
OK, thanks for the info.

Can you kindly advise when you get it corrected?

I won't post further on this issue until the changes are accomplished.
Just an hour ago, I added the DomainKeys certficiates to the DNS records. These certify that the mail server that we're using to send mail is authorized to send mail for 986Forum.com Without these records in place, I suspect that some mail boxes were assuming the updates were spam and automatically deleting them.

The records take about an hour or so to fully propagate through the Internet, it should be working 100% very soon. I tested the sending of email to my gmail account, and it said all of the email came through 100% authenticated (has the "signed-by" message in the envelope when you click on "show details". I'll enclose a screenshot for more clarity.

I also just sent you a test message to see if it came through okay.

-Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
e-mail notifications-signedby.jpg  
__________________
Wayne R. Dempsey, Founder, Pelican Parts Inc., and Author of:
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
All of the e-mail notifications for the entire day have appeared.

The test message also appeared.

Hopefully, you've got it fixed.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page