Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2001, 11:15 AM
Posts: n/a
i contacted the parts shop about the drip tool that is used to time my 240D's injector pump to no avail. apparently they werent sure what i was talking about, and said they didnt carry it, though i have heard from guys on the forum who have gotten this tool from them. i e-mailed back with a better description. hope that works. if any of you have a MB part # or a parts shop # for this item, i would sure appreciate it. and if any of you have gotten this tool here or know where i can find this tool, i'd like to hear from you too. thanks
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 12:56 PM
Posts: n/a

They probably need to ask Donnie. If that doesn't work, email me and I'll get the number when I get home tonight.

Thanks and have a great day,
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 01:29 PM
Posts: n/a
thanks larry,
i hope they figurre out what i need. at your suggestion, i am about to make my first of many 'hot and frequent' oil changes. i turned over 100 mi. on the new engine today, and and just returned from one of my break-in jonts. i am waiting about 15 mins for the oil to drain to the pan. i've chosen shell rotella T as the oil of choice. its 15w-40 (a little heavy), but it should aid in keeping the cam and rockers in top shape. thanks for all the help.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 166

The 1979 MB Engine Manual describes that special tool as an "Overflow Pipe", Part No. 636 589 02 23 00.

Hope this helps.

BTW, congratulations on the successful rebuild job. Must be very rewarding to have accomplished a project like that.
1979 240D
165,000 miles
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 03:46 PM
Wm. Lewallen
Posts: n/a
I am suprised that no one at the parts place didn't know what a drip tube(overflow pipe)is.If they don't have one, you can get one from Performance Products: 8000 Haskell Ave.: Van Nuys,CA. 91406-1321. Ph. 1-800-243-1220 or email
Their part No. is 58-010 and it's called a drip tube. The cost is $17.95+ship.
Bill Lewallen Lexington,Ky.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crimp tool required for timing chain replacement? billy_witort Diesel Discussion 14 08-19-2003 02:42 PM
Best diesel fuel stations? Cetane levels. Premium diesel. (long) BoostnBenz Diesel Discussion 19 07-13-2003 01:18 AM
Any one have the timing chain crimping tool to loan for 10 days Meza Tech Help 8 05-29-2003 02:06 PM
Need diesel timing chain master link tool Motorhead Mercedes-Benz Used Parts For Sale & Wanted 0 12-16-2002 12:53 AM
replacing fuel distributor,W124 BillFranklin Tech Help 4 10-05-1999 09:18 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page