PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/)
-   Tech Help (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/tech-help/)
-   -   someone stole my trunk star! (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/tech-help/148557-someone-stole-my-trunk-star.html)

adidasrta 03-20-2006 10:09 PM

someone stole my trunk star!
 
Well i walked outside to get a cd out of my e190 and the trunk star is GONE!

I'm not sure if they broke it off, there are three holes sticking out of the trunk, but it also looks like you can get a replacement. Does anyone know where I can get a new one cheap?

dkveuro 03-20-2006 10:30 PM

They have a habit of falling off........

Don't cheap out...get an OE star and the three plastic dohickies.


.

lee polowczuk 03-20-2006 11:53 PM

I think you can get them on ebay cheap... i have one for a 300 series which is a spare...i don't know if its the same size as the 190...

i had one stolen the night before halloween a couple of years ago... i ordered one...and then found one on a junk car.... that's why I have a spare.

I think they are only about 8-10 dollars.

autozen 03-20-2006 11:56 PM

I don't think they ever made an E190. What year is the car?

adidasrta 03-22-2006 11:23 AM

'92 Merc E190

a.k.a. W201

autozen 03-22-2006 11:42 AM

I'm confused, because to the best of my knowledge, MB didn't put the letter in font of anything until 94. :confused: I think you have a 190E.

Al Magaloff 03-22-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasrta
Does anyone know where I can get a new one cheap?

Yup, go into the ghetto, and look at what is hanging around some of the monkey's necks as jewelry. Probably one off your car. The front star used to be the prized piece, but now attention has turned to the rear, as it's larger, and makes the wearer feel just that much more important.

Peter Guenther 03-22-2006 04:42 PM

They tried to get the one on my wagon, thats bolted on. I am happy the new one covered the damage, its a status thing in the "hood"

Al Magaloff 03-22-2006 06:11 PM

Gives LE guys something to line the sights up on. ;) Love those big baggy pants too. Perps have some troubles running! :D

manny 03-22-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Magaloff
Yup, go into the ghetto, and look at what is hanging around some of the monkey's necks as jewelry. Probably one off your car. The front star used to be the prized piece, but now attention has turned to the rear, as it's larger, and makes the wearer feel just that much more important.

Too funny. :D
Is that what they call " Bling "?

Al Magaloff 03-22-2006 08:58 PM

Dat be it!:D

adidasrta 03-22-2006 10:33 PM

autozen, it is a trunk mercedes tristar

autozen 03-23-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Magaloff
Gives LE guys something to line the sights up on. ;) Love those big baggy pants too. Perps have some troubles running! :D

Yeh, and you can't carry much with only one hand.:D

grapes11 03-23-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasrta
Well i walked outside to get a cd out of my e190 and the trunk star is GONE!

I'm not sure if they broke it off, there are three holes sticking out of the trunk, but it also looks like you can get a replacement. Does anyone know where I can get a new one cheap?

Cheap maybe not but here you go http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-Star-Emblem-for-Trunk-W124-W126-W201_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33643QQitemZ7988226425QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website