Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
engine vacuum tube source

On my 1988 560sl I have noticed a very small vacuum tube that appears to be plastic has broken and i'm looking for a source to replace it. It runs from a switch on the front of the intake manifold that has three lines connected to it and it runs behind the power steering pump in the direction of the drivers side headlamp assembly. Didn't have time to trace and see where it leads. Have looked at a few sources thinking I may find it as a roll or length but I'm only finding the rubber vacuum hose which is larger. This tube connects to the switch by a rubber elbow that is pushed onto the switch...Thanks in advance for your help...i have also posted this on the sl forum

Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 143
Your best source for this tubing is the parts dept. at your local MB dealer.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
whunter's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 17,371

Your local generic auto parts store.
Most sell rubber vacuum hose by the foot.

Have a great day.
ASE Master Mechanic

Prototype R&D/testing:
Thermal & Aerodynamic System Engineering (TASE) Senior vehicle instrumentation technician.
Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
Heat exchanger durability.
HV-A/C Climate Control.
Vehicle build.
Fleet Durability
Technical Quality Auditor.
Automotive Technical Writer

1983 300D
1984 190D
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Blue Point, NY
Posts: 25,396
If it's what I think you need..........the 4mm Tecalan lines........hard plastic lines that make the long runs between the rubber connectors.........the dealer is the best source.

You won't find that tubing at any generic auto parts store AFAIK.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 3,488
The dealer does have it with the correct color code, but it may be hard to get them to admit they have it. The line you are talking about sound like the line that goeas to a valve on the front of the left fender that is used to control purging of the charcoal canister. I belive MB calles it the regeneration valve. If this is the line then you will need 1 meter of A 001 158 01 35.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:30 AM
wbain5280's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 3,386
I've always been partial to 12AX7's, 7199's, 6550's and EL34's.

Or for some real umph, 4CX250's.



Currently 1965 220Sb, 2002 FORD Crown Vic Police Interceptor

Had 1965 220SEb, 1967 230S, 280SE 4.5, 300SE (W126), 420SEL


Not part of the in-crowd since 1952.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page