Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > Technical Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2001, 10:03 PM
sixto's Avatar
smoke gets in your eyes
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 20,119
I've read a number of threads on replacing sliding jaws. Mine broke into pieces so I had no problem removing it. Unfortunately the threads don't offer details or a visual of what installing a new jaw entails. Do I put the new jaw in the rail then attach the actuating arm? Do I attach the jaw to the actuating arm then reengage it in the rail? Where does the rivet go? Is the procedure even close to what I described?

91 300SE
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 11:01 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Gainesville FL
Posts: 6,844
The piece that is replaced is the sliding foot that goes on the end of the regulator arm.

The regulator must be removed from the door. The old rivet will be still in the arm. The plastic will be broken from it. The peened portion of the rivet must be ground off, then the body driven out with a punch. The new piece will add much to the understanding of whats next.

The rivet is built into the plastic foot loosely and the head of the rivet is recessed into the foot. I place a 3/8inch punch vertically into a vise. I then place the foot over the punch with the head of the rivet setting on the flat head of the punch. The small end of the rivet will be facing upward. Place the hole in the regulator arm over the rivet till the rivet protrudes. This whole arrangement is now held steady by firm pressure downward with the arm against the hard punch face. Use a ball peen hammer to mushroom the end of the rivet till it is secure.

Replace the regulator.
Steve Brotherton
Continental Imports
Gainesville FL
Bosch Master, ASE Master, L1
33 years MB technician
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 12:19 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 412
I have been told that on a 201 chassis the regulator must be replaced if the sliding jaw was broken. I questioned the fact that I was able to purchase a replacement sliding jaw as a seperate part and never received a reply to my post. Is the procdure similiar? Do I need to go back and purchase a new rivet for the regulator as my replacement sliding jaw did not come with one. Thank for your help.
1990 190E 2.6
1996 Grand Voyager 3.3
1985 Mustang GT 5.0 5 SPD
1982 Suzuki GS 750T
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W126 window went down but won't go up! jp233 Tech Help 20 01-09-2005 01:08 PM
window regulator guide jaw tex Tech Help 0 01-24-2004 03:39 PM
One window does nothing on W126 Benzomatic126 Tech Help 3 05-07-2002 10:10 PM
W126 300SD Rear quarter window TCCBass Diesel Discussion 3 01-25-2002 05:42 PM
yet another sliding jaw question Silver Boat Tech Help 1 12-17-2001 06:42 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page