Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-02-2010, 08:00 PM
RBYCC's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DELAWARE
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post

RBYCC, what is the FI setup in your car with the TT kit?
Twin Garrett T2 turbos, Hallman Pro RX MBC, stock KE-Jetronic III CSI injection.
Enrichment via two additional injectors mounted in a casting that replaces the rubber boot between the air valve assembly and the throttle valve.

Additional injectors controlled by a Split Second AIC1 stand alone controller.
SS unit is 3D mappable and computer programmed.
AFR map created on a dyno using an input from a wide band O2 sensor.

Will be adding a simple boost/rpm controlled water/methanol injection to further drop the air temp coming out of the intercooler.
__________________
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...c/GOWIDE-1.jpg
1971 280SL ROADSTER
1988 300CE TWIN TURBO WIDEBODY
1994 E320 CABRIOLET
1999 C43 AMG
2005 G55K AMG
2008 CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 AM
tbomachines's Avatar
ಠ_ಠ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBYCC View Post
Twin Garrett T2 turbos, Hallman Pro RX MBC, stock KE-Jetronic III CSI injection.
Enrichment via two additional injectors mounted in a casting that replaces the rubber boot between the air valve assembly and the throttle valve.

Additional injectors controlled by a Split Second AIC1 stand alone controller.
SS unit is 3D mappable and computer programmed.
AFR map created on a dyno using an input from a wide band O2 sensor.

Will be adding a simple boost/rpm controlled water/methanol injection to further drop the air temp coming out of the intercooler.

Very cool! How did you find the casting for the injectors, was that custom designed by you, or part of the Mosselmann kit?

BTW I am in your neck of the woods quite often - gf has family in Dewey beach and we conveniently visit often during the summer . I've been trying to dig up your old threads on here and Benzworld, lots of great info!
__________________
TC
Current stable:
- 2004 Mazda RALLYWANKEL
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
That sounds like a very fast and complicated TT setup
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The slums of Beverly Hills
Posts: 5,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBYCC View Post
Twin Garrett T2 turbos, Hallman Pro RX MBC, stock KE-Jetronic III CSI injection.
Enrichment via two additional injectors mounted in a casting that replaces the rubber boot between the air valve assembly and the throttle valve.

Additional injectors controlled by a Split Second AIC1 stand alone controller.
SS unit is 3D mappable and computer programmed.
AFR map created on a dyno using an input from a wide band O2 sensor.

Will be adding a simple boost/rpm controlled water/methanol injection to further drop the air temp coming out of the intercooler.
Do you have any pics of that setup? Sounds sweet. Any particular reason for not going full EFI? Do you have emissions testing in your area?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:06 AM
RBYCC's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DELAWARE
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
Very cool! How did you find the casting for the injectors, was that custom designed by you, or part of the Mosselmann kit?

BTW I am in your neck of the woods quite often - gf has family in Dewey beach and we conveniently visit often during the summer . I've been trying to dig up your old threads on here and Benzworld, lots of great info!
Part of the TurboTechnics kit...they were the only ones that used the additional injectors.
Mosselman used a piggy back control for enrichment.

Car is currently undergoing a major build which is being documented on a UK thread..
Should be done ( hopefully ) before you get down to Dewey !!!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mbclub-projects/70857-300ce-widebody.html

Ed A.
__________________
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...c/GOWIDE-1.jpg
1971 280SL ROADSTER
1988 300CE TWIN TURBO WIDEBODY
1994 E320 CABRIOLET
1999 C43 AMG
2005 G55K AMG
2008 CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 AM
RBYCC's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DELAWARE
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Do you have any pics of that setup? Sounds sweet. Any particular reason for not going full EFI? Do you have emissions testing in your area?
No problem with emissions as the KE-Jetronic III is stock and set to factory spec.
Engine doesn't know it has twin turbos until they build up boost.
Never considered EFI as I'm doing a "period' build using NOS parts that were available in the late eighties-early nineties.
You can go fast without being hi-tech !!

Ed A.
__________________
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...c/GOWIDE-1.jpg
1971 280SL ROADSTER
1988 300CE TWIN TURBO WIDEBODY
1994 E320 CABRIOLET
1999 C43 AMG
2005 G55K AMG
2008 CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page