Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > Technical Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2002, 09:24 AM
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Broke my Mirrior Going thru Horses

So I had to wake up much earlier than normal today, as I was driving thru some horses i caught my Mirrior on one of them. The whole fixture is fine, but the glass shattered. Does anyone know where I could buy some replacment glass for not too expensive? I checked ebay for the whole fixture, and there were none.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,105
You were driving through horses? as in the animal? big furry thing with four legs and a tail????
83 300SD.......sold
96 integra SE....sold
99 a4 quattro....sold
2001 IS300.......sold
2002 330i.........current.
2004 highlander limited....current.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 412
Errr.. If you were driving THROUGH some horses i would say that a shattered mirror ain't much to talk about..

What happened to the horse?

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do, you're a mile away -and you have his shoes!

'86 300E optically converted to '95 E300 (Sold)
-Blauschwarz on silver
-Black leather
-17" AMG & 15" AMG for winter
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Posts: n/a
hahaha, sorry must be a St. Louis term.... Horses as in the large metal objects that you have to weave in between, used to slow you down in neighborhoods. Not the Animal. I just need to know where I can get a replacment mirror. Or if anyone here has the whole assembly they would like to sell me.
Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 03:15 PM
engatwork's Avatar
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Soperton, Ga. USA
Posts: 11,878
large metal objects that you have to weave in between, used to slow you down in neighborhoods
- I can't say I have ever seen anything like what you are describing. We have "speed bumps" around these parts.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Posts: n/a
Well basically im sure you guys know what horses are for like a wood shop, where you lay your wood on two horses to cut, Am i making any sense? Well it's basically that, but there metal and usually painted white. Our neighborhood likes to put them down to slow the traffic down because there are always kids playing. But to continue my question, does anyone know where i could get a used whole unit or just a replacment mirror?

(i'll try to get a picture to show you guys what im talking about)

Oh and we also have speed bumps, hate those too.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Posts: n/a
Ok, look in the upper right corner...Thats one kind and there are usually 3 together, they alternate what side of the street.

Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 502


Very often Mercedes carries over certain components from series to series, if your mirror is the same as the ones on the 123 Series, I have a couple of those replacement glasses.

Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page