Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2003, 05:09 AM
Posts: n/a
My 300-ce rocks from left to right

Hi, i really have a serious problem,
since a month my car when driving on the hi-way rocks from left to right, it feels like my tires a loose, but it isn't

I went to a garage ant they dit a full check and replaced some rubbers in the back, but still there is no change.
This causes really dangerous situations on the hi-way because i really have to work hard to keep my car on a straight line.

I have replaced also my shock and spring but still no change,

I hope that there is someone who knowes what and where to look for this problem.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Posts: n/a
Have you checked the idler arm bushings? Also don't overlook all the suspension members in the rear. See that they are tight.

Good luck,
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 412
Check the rear subframe mounts. There are four rubber mounts that are pressed in to the rear subframe. They wear out with age. They are similiar to the front strut mounts. Pry betwen the body and subframe near the mount, any excessive wear will be obvious.
1990 190E 2.6
1996 Grand Voyager 3.3
1985 Mustang GT 5.0 5 SPD
1982 Suzuki GS 750T
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 03:26 AM
Posts: n/a
Thanks for your reply's guy's,

Al rubbers are renewd but still no change
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 459
I had a similar problem with an '85 Jetta diesel I used to own. I was actually pretty scarey sometimes. Anyway, the problem went away when I bought new tires.

'84 300D, 172k
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Posts: n/a
You might want to check your steering dumpener(i'm not sure if this is the name for it)>When you get under your car you will see it,It looks like small shock absorber and it costs around 50-70$.I had same problem on my 190E i replaced that thing and its just fine now.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page