Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2000, 06:16 AM
Posts: n/a
at the bottom of the carb of my W123 M115, there is a hose that connects it to the diaphragm for the fuel return valve (at least that what the book describes it) to another point on the carb (which i'm not familiar with)

what i do know is that with that hose disconnected from the diaphragm, fuel drips down from that point but the car idles nicely.

with the hose connected, the engine sputters and can't hold idle well.

what does that connecting hose do and can i just plug the two points that the two hoses connect to stall for some time till i find another carb?


Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2000, 11:17 AM
Posts: n/a
Sounds like the rubber o-ring/seal/diapragm is leaking. It may run ok now with it unplugged, but it will only get worse. Time to repair it before you get stranded, or worse.

Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2000, 08:27 AM
Posts: n/a
thanks for the response. so i presume that the hose at the bottom of the carb is supposed to be a vacuum hose that operates the fuel return valve diaphragm, and that nothing is supposed to leak out of there right?

think the "extra" fuel is going into the vacuum hose and into somewhere and that's causing the bad idle....
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2000, 09:08 AM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Gainesville FL
Posts: 6,844
The diaphram must be bad for fuel to pass through the vacuum line. This extra fuel will definitely screw up your idle.

The part # is 000 071 01 and lists for $2.30 .

Steve Brotherton
Owner 24 bay BSC
Bosch Master, ASE master L1
26 years MB technician
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2000, 12:36 PM
Posts: n/a
tks steve. will scour my local MB dealers for the part. guess the carb has to be removed to get to the diaphragm?

hopefully i can get the part. the parts shop here doesn't list it though, just wondering if i can mail order it if i can't find it locally.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2000, 04:09 AM
Posts: n/a
where can i get the above part - the fuel return valve diaphragm for the Stromberg 175CD carb? I can't find it locally, and it seems easily accessible and easy to replace. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Is the part number 115 000 071 01 ?

Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel return modifications coachgeo Diesel Discussion 22 04-08-2013 11:33 AM
Valve cover gasket replacement 95 E320. 71Rcode Tech Help 0 03-10-2004 09:44 PM
fuel return lines... shawnster Diesel Discussion 1 03-09-2004 01:58 PM
Replacing fuel pressure regulator valve spinnell71 Tech Help 9 06-23-2003 12:58 PM
Supply & return fuel lines how to distinguish? Crowe Diesel Discussion 4 06-03-2003 08:11 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page