PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum (
-   Tech Help (
-   -   What is this reservoir/fluid? (

plink49 09-09-2003 10:27 PM

What is this reservoir/fluid?
On my '92 500SEL there is a fluid reervoir on the right-front of the engine compartment under a small access panel. The cap is marked "Hydraulic Fluid". No fluid is visible on the small dipstick although there is fluid in the tank. What is this for, and more important...what exactly is the fluid that I should use to top this off?????? Please help!

Gilly 09-09-2003 10:47 PM

On the LEFT side (drivers side) is the hydraulic fluid for the self-leveling suspension, is this what you mean? It's under a cover up front as you described, but for reference you should always call the drivers side the left side, the passenger side is the right side (assuming you have a left-hand drive vehicle)
If you look around the top of the reservoir, there should be a label quoting the part number of the fluid, it's dealer-only stuff.
If there is no label there, it should tell you in the owners manual. Also in the owners manual should be a diagram or drawing of the underhood area pointing out what the different service areas are for.


plink49 09-10-2003 08:32 PM

Thanks so much for your assistence, it's much appreciated!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website