Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Vintage Mercedes Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester (UK)
Posts: 76
Question Please help me ID this part no.

I have just bout some new old stock parts for my finny, got some new os doors for 500 and door rubbers, boot rubber, splash guards for under front wings, petrol flap and post rubbers for another 300. I also got the two large rear bumper sections from a 190 which i hope I can cover the no.plate holes to suit my 220seb 200.
I was also given a new part which is in original merc wraping with the part no.110 698 0281 (uk) It is a peace of chrome trim but i`m not sure if it is off a finny, its about 80 cm long and seems to be made from steel, not ali. Any ideas??

thanks Paul

Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:03 AM
wbain5280's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 3,386
It's off a W110 so it's fro m a fintail, W110 or W111. Depending on the part, 110 parts could also be used on the W108/9 cars.


Currently 1965 220Sb, 2002 FORD Crown Vic Police Interceptor

Had 1965 220SEb, 1967 230S, 280SE 4.5, 300SE (W126), 420SEL


Not part of the in-crowd since 1952.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,136
Hello Paul,

The part number starts with 110, so it probably is fintail. Finding a Mercedes repair manual for you car would be a good investment. Another source for information might be sellers like which have online catalogs. Sounds like you discovered treasure...

1962 220Sb ~ The Emerald Bullet
1957 Ponton 220S

2001 S600 Daily Driver
The Universe is Abundant ~ Life is GOOD!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Takernz_30's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cebu City,Cebu,Philippines
Posts: 224
there are some W110 parts can't be installed in your W111 220SEb, like bumpers(W110 and have single large ones while 220SEb have 1 large main bumpers and 1 small one on top and the length of it's sides is also different,USA models had overriders and different plate light positions on the rear bumpers as well),fenders and headlamps.

I remember this one guy that he purchased a new set of front bumpers for his 1962 190b (gasser), when the bumpers arrived, and installed, he noticed it's sides are longer and will rub the front tires when turning, he called me up and when I saw his bumpers, I told him that's for the 6-cylinder 220S sedan not for 190 you know 190s are short-nosed version of 220b/Sb/SEbs, after telling him that, he was furious and wants to take his money back.

Last edited by Takernz_30; 05-06-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page