Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > Technical Information and Support > Vintage Mercedes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,726
Option Code 329

Does anyone know what an option code 329 would be - on a 1962 190SL. All I can find for 329 is "provision for telephone, export" which seems unlikely to be the 1962 version of the code. Production was in the summer of 1962.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Larry Delor's Avatar
What, Me Worry?
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Sarasota, Fl.
Posts: 3,107
My searches have revealed the same code. Sure it is 329?
__________________
It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein


09 Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,726
Smile

Yes, it's sits in a catagory on the data card called "wenig gewunscht", which is essentially "other codes". It's right next to #720 which is black soft top, which is correct. After I posted this I found the international 190SLgroup list of codes and even they don't show it. Must just be a strange one. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Florida / N.H.
Posts: 8,777
Email the Merdedes Classic Center.. ask for Tom Hanson .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 PM
300SDog's Avatar
gimme a low-tech 240D
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: central ky
Posts: 3,602
Maybe "provision for telephone, export" means call the buyer before shipping....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dalton View Post
Email the Merdedes Classic Center.. ask for Tom Hanson .
I second that. I met Tom Hanson when he worked at Caliber Motors (the Mercedes dealer in Anaheim Hills, CA).

He's been doing this his whole adult life and knows more about classic Mercedes cars than anyone I've met.
__________________
Paul S.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Larry Delor's Avatar
What, Me Worry?
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Sarasota, Fl.
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyel View Post
Yes, it's sits in a catagory on the data card called "wenig gewunscht", which is essentially "other codes". It's right next to #720 which is black soft top, which is correct. After I posted this I found the international 190SLgroup list of codes and even they don't show it. Must just be a strange one. Thanks.
"Wenig GewŁnscht" literally means less wished. In other words, it was deleted (not wanted) by the buyer.
So....don't bother looking for it
__________________
It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein


09 Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Delor View Post
"Wenig GewŁnscht" literally means less wished. In other words, it was deleted (not wanted) by the buyer.
So....don't bother looking for it
It may translate to "less wished" but in this case it does not mean "not wished" or deleted, but rather "less commonly wished". See David Gallon's article "Those Mysterious Vehicle Data Cards" - he translates "wenig gewunscht" as "infrequently encountered special version codes" as opposed to the "frequently encountered special version codes" in boxes 40 to 68 of the data card.

I will try to contact Tom Hansen next week. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Larry Delor's Avatar
What, Me Worry?
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Sarasota, Fl.
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyel View Post
It may translate to "less wished" but in this case it does not mean "not wished" or deleted, but rather "less commonly wished". See David Gallon's article "Those Mysterious Vehicle Data Cards" - he translates "wenig gewunscht" as "infrequently encountered special version codes" as opposed to the "frequently encountered special version codes" in boxes 40 to 68 of the data card.

I will try to contact Tom Hansen next week. Thanks.
Aaaah! Wished less often ... Heh....almost like a crossword puzzle clue.
Thanks for that tidbit!
__________________
It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein


09 Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: brisbane,Qld.Australia
Posts: 2,042
Was the car a factory "pick up" ? .The 329 or 330 often means delivery charges waived because the car is picked up new at the factory .
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercmad6.3 View Post
Was the car a factory "pick up" ? .The 329 or 330 often means delivery charges waived because the car is picked up new at the factory .
Don't know if it was picked up at the factory but that must be it. Classic Center couldn't help, although I never got to Tom Hanson. They were showing the same one I had seen - provision for telephone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page