View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Dönerkebap

[QUOTE=iNeon]

i dont see why you cant(without being the object of ridicule) add an amg kit and badge to a diesel powered car. theyre considered amg cars if you just buy a pair of spoilers, so why is it so weird?

QUOTE]

AMG is a tuner company that upgrades the drivetrains in MB cars for performance purposes. These upgrades usually add 20-35k to the price of the car. Spoilers and body kits are peripheral in that endeavor, and don't add performance. Furthermore, most body kits on MBs kinda look like fake AMG bodykits. SO what you have are people that are putting AMG badges on their cars, but the rest of the car including the body kit is fake(even the repro AMG wheels). So why is it so weird? Because it's just plain ghetto that's why. You're trying to be something that you're not. Like designer impostor cologne. Just cheap and stupid to pose like that. And I wouldn't call it weird. I'd call it low-class.
Adding an AMG kit to a diesel car, that's funny. While you're at it include a pair of fuzzy dice. And go out and get yourself a fake Rolex too. Then you'll be real cool.
At some point people have to realize that if you don't really have the money to play the game then it's more trouble than it's actually worth to act like you do, and no one will respect you for it. Stay in your class and be proud that it's enough for you.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S 6k
'06 Ducati S2R800 14k(sold)