View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkveuro
Thanx for the endorsement Dieseld'........

I would say, the vac' pump is number one cause of oil pump lock ups too....one thing I did omit was, the belt tensioner shock assembley...they'll make a lot of noise at idle and sound like the a/c compressor clutch is failing.....simple test is to push down on tensioner arm and see if noise goes away.

About the 'Iffy Lub' outfits...They all carry 'Stupidity Insurance'...prove they killed your engine...with the aid of an independent engineers report, and they pay the bill.

Not many shops in 'general repair' busines can say/do that.

When the Vac Pump locks up it locks the IP. The small bits and pieces probably get into the oil pump. I saw what it did to one engine. Bad news! You couldn't turn the crank come hell or high water.
re: Iffy Loob/Jiffy Boob
Well, they must have lost a lot of engines and paid out too much $$ under that insurance because some Iffy Lubes in So CA have a new policy: They No longer accept Mercedes diesels for service! What do you think caused them to adopt that?