View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 07:20 PM

sOMEONE ELSE WROTE"

"If fuel is comming out of bleed on filter, you might check to see if fuel will come out of #1 element.
Turn engine to TDC #1.....remove injection lines....remove #1 element...(watch how element parts come out for reassembly..) ..pump primer pump....... fuel should weep from element socket on pump...if not...rack is stuck closed. "

Okay, I think we might be onto something here. But can someone explain what this writer means by the 'element'? I am assumeing they mean take the nipple of of the actual IP where fuel comes out on its path to the injector.

I did take the vacuum line off the rear of the IP and you can actually here it release some of the vacuum it has on the line. So if I read correctly this vac line causes the injector pump to stop pumping fuel and hence would stop it from pumping. Yes, this definetly sounds like a possibility!

And for Brians question, yes I have had the padal to the floor, or atleat a screwdriver jammed between the valve cover and the IP holding linkage all the way open where it would be at floored.

So if someone could explain to what is meant by 'element' it would really help. Also is it possible to remove the rear of the IP, the shut off capsule while the IP is on the vehicle.

I really feel that this is the start of the problem and will examine it next time I work on the car.

Thanks,
Ian