View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobenz240d View Post
If it were me ,I would go with the store bought rebuilds for the reason that is what they do for a living . Correct tools , methods etc. The local indy who only does it a few times a year lets say most likely won't do as a quality job as a remanufacturer. I have rebuilt many calipers , brake cylinders and master cylinders over the years. To be honest, what you pay for a rebuilt vs doing it your self is about even. Plus you just bolt them on , bleed and go.
I agree in principle with what you say... Let me explain why I posed that question.
When I talked to the online company where I located the rebuilt calipers at a reasonable price, when I asked about availability the lady on the phone said, sure, just give us 2-3 days, that's how long is going to take for the local caliper rebuilding company to deliver them to us...
Uh oh, I thought to myself... So they are getting them from their local caliper rebuilding company... Why do I need to go through them at all then? There must surely be several caliper rebuilding companies in a huge town like LA (I searched for them like a devil, but could not find any...), and if I hook up with one of them I'll be able to do the transaction locally (no shipping expense on the cores), save myself time and some money in the process.

Now, does anyone here know how to locate a gd local "caliper rebuilding company?"

Rino