View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
New England Hick

I'll Have a Few Extra Hours To Kill in San Diego. Any Must See's?

I've got to go to San Diego next Wed. through Fri. on business. Thursday is booked up until 10/11 pm. I've got Wed. open after 7:30pm and Fri. I'm done at 3:00 but I have a red-eye leaving at 8:10pm because of prior commitments on Sat. (arrives in CT at 5:35 am local time ) so I've got a few hours to kill.

I'm staying at the Horton Grand in the Gaslamp Quarter. Is just wandering around the district enough to keep me busy? I'm not into the club scene, but hitting cool bars to enjoy a local brew or four is right up my alley. Local history and museums are also interesting. If you only had a couple hours to kill, what spots would you hit? There is also the very likely possibility that a vendor or two might wish to go somewhere for lunch or a late dinner, on their dime, so a choice of good restaurants could be handy. Beside the Jack in the Box, which I will hit at one point

There will be about 40 fellow members of the Assoc. wandering around in amoeba-like fashion, whom I know quite well and am comfortable socializing with, but I'm not averse to taking off on my own if there's something of interest.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)