View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:26 PM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad300tdt View Post
When my wife and I were in San Diego, we ate at Ruth's Chris and Anthony's Fish Grotto (this was recommended to us) on harbor drive. Anthony's was great and had a huge selection of seafood. We also went to the San Diego Zoo which is very cool. We had drinks at a jazz club in the Gaslight District and the guy from the Jay Leno show was playing (Marcellus I think I can't remember his name?). We were there to review a trade show booth setup for a big automotive industry show and got dinner as the booth company's guests. The Hotel Coronado is huge and all wood and worth seeing. If you like just driving, my favorite thing was driving the scenic route along the ocean. The roads are all labeled logically also, like harbor drive is right along the harbor and take coronado blvd. to go to Coronado. They have great open air restaurants for lunch in Coronado too. Have fun.
Thanks, Chad. I'll put Anthony's on our list! I'd love to just drive along the coast. Unfortunately for this trip I probably won't get to.

Howi-I could definitely spend an hour or two wandering the docks and checking out the boats. I'll have to see if I can get over to the SDYC, might even be able to get some reciprocity benefits with my club's card.

I wish I had more time to spend out there. My brother spent a semester at SDSU, or should I say spent a semester seeing everything there is to see in SD and playing beach volleyball all day instead, and had a blast.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)