View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM

Another choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG View Post
You bet......the woman is a saint. I haven't had a chance to jack it up and take a good look yet, I will do that in the morning. Hopefully it is not the bearing, Yes it is the rear. I am hoping for a cv joint or something else. Does anyone have the link to the rear bearing replacement just in case?

Stay tuned
There is another option if it is a rear wheel bearing. You could replace the complete rear trailing arm with a used one (mine came complete even had a good set of parking brake shoes and parking brake cable attatched). I had to replace an arm due to growing crack caused by it being rusted through (the PO of my car came from the east coast).
It is not a difficult job but you will need something to compress the rear spring other that that there is no special tools.

At the time (Aug, 07) the rear trailing arm was $125 and $13 to UPS it to me. I also paid tax as they are in Calif. The guy said the sends a lot of the to the east coast due to rust damage (both of mine were rusted through in some areas).
I bought one for each side but only have replaced only replaced one at this time. The bearing turned out to be OK. Here is the infor where I ordered from. Ounce I recieved the arm I was back on the road within 4 hours.

www.mercedesdismantlers.com

SVMBZ@aol.com

Sun Valley Mercedes Dismantlers, Inc.
11203 Tuxford Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352
(818) 768 0704

Last edited by Diesel911; 12-24-2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Add pic