View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM

I used to have an 88 911 Carrera as my daily driver and I put about 60k miles on it in the five years I had it. Our current Mercedes was actually my fiance's first car. Not a day goes by that I don't miss having the 911 in the garage to drive--it was a perfect "driver's" car that required you to work to drive it well but the rewards were incredible.

After I finished the 911 I was bored and decided to pull the Mercedes out of the barn and started bringing it back as it had sat for five years. Most of my special Porsche tools work on the Benz, and they are put together very similar--the Mercedes just has a lot more room. I respect the Mercedes and plan to keep it for a very long time but I see another 911 sharing the garage with it in the near future. Next one will be a 993 C4S or Turbo--993's are the last of the ones you can DIY. Nothing like having that air cooled flat 6 singing to 7k rpm with a sport exbshaust behind you. Plus, there are some great forums for air cooled 911's much like this one.