View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 03:32 PM

coper lines as a fuel line will have less issue if they are attaced via rubber at both ends (rubber fuel line few inches long used to mate things at both ends. Maybe a few in the middle too?? Have flexable attachement points thru out. Or I should say... that's the way I seem to understand it from reading. The copper lines will work harden from vibration, then crack and leak etc. if hard attached. Thus the need for flex attach

Now there is the WVO issue. If your running sweeet clean wvo (which is only thing you should run) which is for sure tested for zero water and you do not have long periods of fuel sitting exposed to air (more of a tank issue than fuel lines right).... then .....

the jury is still out... Lots of miles on copper lines out there in the WVO world with no issues. Most WVO fuelers in the beginning used copper. Some had issues. Most no from what I read. It has been hypothosized that much of those who had issues did not dewater well if at all (water soluble acids causing issues wiht copper, no issue if dewatered?). Then there is the polymerization issue that has come to light over the last couple years. This does require air though so much of your fuel line should be airless.

IMHO--- go for it "if you must" put in extra inline fuel filters. Push fuel from a 12v fuel pump in the back by the tank and get rid of all sucking air issues since your not sucking a damn thing.

Other wise... for the few extra pennies why go copper? Regular metal fuel line is not hard to come by. So go with regular fuel line along with a push pump

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels