Thread: Tuning with CIS
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 AM
DON'T PANIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentoman View Post
Hmm I couldn't find them. I do remember seeing the figures once a long time ago (I think) - can you point me to it? Will let me do some research before having to go and take the switch apart to get the values.
I meant regarding the fooling of the temp sensor, sorry, here is the post but u can try higher values than those:

there are a few tricks to fool the ecu into some good timing advance and a bit more fuel as well.
IIRC find the engine temp sensor that has 4 wires into it, this one feeds temp input into 2 ecus, the ignition and injection. usually it should have 2 grounds and 2 live wires. the one that feed the injection should terminate at pin 21 in the ecu just do a connectivity test. once located cut it and fit a variable resistor. now the second one terminates in one of the wires going to the ignition ecu located on the left fender. also cut this and reconnect with a variable resistor.

Good values to start with should be abt:

450 ohms for the injection
and 750 ohms for the timing
and then adjust as u like.
let us know how it goes, it should give u a good power increase.
to see the diff just wire 2 switches the would bypass the variable resistors (short them no need to cut the connection to the resistors since electricity takes the shortest least resistant route)
-1995 Black W140 S500 (Lady)
-1992 Black W124 E300 (Dima) (Ex-Mosselman
Twin turbo Kit).
-1988 Black W124 300 E 4-Matic.(Nadeen)
-1983 Brown W126 500SEL.(Old Lady)(Sold)
-1981 Gold W123 280CE.(Dareen)(Sold)
http://www.youtube.com/user/jayrasheed

Last edited by JayRash; 02-28-2009 at 10:05 AM.