View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Razorback Soccer Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauchen View Post
The picture shows the most visible part of my system. These are the 12inch speaker enclosures that I fabricated=$0. The amp is 3yrs old. I took it out of my daily driver, so essentially also $0. The rear deck has 150watt 4x6 Pioneers. They were installed when I bought the car. So again $0. I'm using the factory front speaker that are in the kick panels. Amazingly they work quite well, without blowing. Again $0. All of this system comes from a $35 RCA Pearl mp3 player with fm. tuner. Granted, this is not a competition grade system, but it is incredibly crisp and clear with just enough bass for what I listen to (Metal). I have the gain turned down to just under half on the amp. This is so I don't blow the front speakers. The speakers that are in the enclosures are 100watt 6ohm Pioneers from an old rack stereo. I know, I know, you're not suppose to do that. I'm running these off a cross-over inside the enclosures, which only utilizes the lower frequencies. This is to offset the mid and high of the other speakers.
I'm all for low buget installs! Great job!

You didn't say what your amp was or how it was rated for power, but 6-ohm speakers shouldn't present a problem...
2016 Mustang (32K) - Daughter's car