View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 AM
HAHA THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

Hood star vs. hood crest question

My friend has a little running gag against me where he likes to put the hood stars on both my cars flat against the hood or crooked in some way every chance he gets. Me being both anal and forgetful means I often drive around with it that way until someone mentions it and I feel it's time to get him back in good fun. Although I really want to electrify the star for obvious reasons I feel that it might not be simple and in the spirit of a practical joke. Here's what I've come up with, I have a loose idea of how to remove a hood star from an older MB (not necessarily mine, John Hef probably has one or two lying around). Is it the same procedure to remove a hood crest from an SLK 32? More importantly will a standard hood star fit in the same hole without modification? It certainly doesn't have to fit perfectly or even stay put but I obviously don't want to hurt his car in any way. I want to temporarily put a star on his hood for the sole purpose of making it crooked. Even better would be if I can switch my star and his crest since he would probably notice mine first. Any help on what I think would be a neat practical joke would be appreciated! Otherwise I have to figure out how electrify it!
124.030-Greyhound (sold)
124.030-Schnauzer (sold)

DERP DERP