View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:46 PM

I installed an Audiovox cruise control system on my 85 300cd and it was the best $110 I've spent. I've replaced the factory cc amp several times, and could only get a year or so before the cruise was unreliable again.

There's a thread on here that gives EXCELLENT step by step directions to install it, and even how to use the factory switch so it looks correct. It took me the better part of a day to install it, but I really was in no hurry.

Napa used to handle this sytem, but can no longer get it. I found it from O'reilly Auto Parts for $130, Advance Auto Parts for $110, and I believe JC Whitney has the same unit as well.

The author of the instructions on this forum recommended that an additional vacuum canister be installed, however being somewhat "cheap" I didn't order one, and the system still works absolutely perfect.

The cruise on my '93 works only marginal, and I'll be installing this same Audiovox system on it. I'm not spending any more time or $$ on the factory system- not when I can by a brand new complete depandable setup for about 1/3 of what an MB rebuilt amp costs!

Good luck!
Russ